Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

Re: Remove Kudos From Home Boards Now.

Aug 13, 2012

I don't think kudos should be removed but the Top Kudos list should be. :womanembarrassed:

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (7,420 Views)
PlayStation MVP
506 posts

Aug 13, 2012

kudos  smudos

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (7,415 Views)
Survivor
985 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Pandaachan wrote:

I don't think kudos should be removed but the Top Kudos list should be. :womanembarrassed:

Good idea. Ever since my user ID made the front page, guys have come up to me and said stuff like :

" I'd like to Kudo u, he he "

" Nice outfit, Lil, I'd like to Kudo that "

" Kudos, Kudos, wherefore art thou "

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (7,408 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Playa247 wrote:
Large image here about jealousy

Madam, are you serious? You think people are jealous over others due to a bunch of measly points on a board that most Americans with actual lives do not know exists? Yes there are probably some 13 year olds that feel spiteful over some's advances, but for you to think this across the board....No there's no words for it. Sorry, it's just that crazy a thought to have.

I have barely any posts to my name. It would be laughable to expect prime Kudo status (a laughable concept in itself that some take so very seriously! No names in particular).

In a thread where Kudos is being given out freely, this is why you have no Kudos. This kind of retort is outside the boundaries of normal cognitive thinking.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (7,400 Views)
Survivor
1114 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

k

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (7,380 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 13, 2012
plz dnt remove kudos
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (7,356 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8920 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Op no offense but your post is the one without kudos. I was here day one of the new boards condemming kudos so I understand the point you are trying to make but as its a weekly leaderboard that is wiped I dont see it as an issue as anybody that pays real attention knows it for its flaws. For it is like the leaderboard in No Mans Land - irrelevant.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (7,341 Views)
Survivor
2337 posts

Aug 13, 2012

I can say the Kudo system isn't as 'abused' as it used to be. I would like the top Kudo'd list to be removed or reset weekly and anonymity would be a great idea as well :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (7,316 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

I've noticed the ones who were so dependant on the kudo board, have not been posting as much as they normally did.

Which makes me think, does being on the top kudo really play a part in someones attitude to the forum?

Since I'm a recent target and very talked discussion, through many forum parties. I believe I will comment on what I think about the kudo, system.

1: Users getting kudos for no valued post; Something I see a lot on here. It drives me nuts to open a thread, then see like 5 kudos for a user who said nothing of important regarding the OPs topic/question/etc.

2: Users asking for kudos; Though they don't directly scream it out, loud. It's very much there in the air, that he/or/she does want the kudo notority that they feel they're entilted too. 

3: Throwing other users under the bus, aka screen capping their kudo list; I being a very recent victim to this, felt very violated to know a user on the forum board did not like the fact I and a few others were getting kudos so rapidly. 

Of course, the kudo system is very flawled and I do feel that most users see it as a big deal getting on the board. I'm a tell you something? getting on the kudo board isn't going to get you a job in real life. Not going to pay for your schooling. Not going to get you that nice exensive sports car, mommy and daddy won't buy you. It doesn't bring you anything, but people either thinking;

"He or she cheated to get up there."

"He or she was jealous, and decided to be pathetic about it."

"He or she must have no life, with that many liked post."

I  never asked for my kudos, though some people on here would see that it happened all very fast. In a about 4 days time, I was on the top and people who noticed decided to personal attack me and even change their signatures because they felt like they knew all the facts.

Well I'm a tell you right now, those who felt like anyone on that kudo board did cheat their way to top is wrong. I can't help it all these people kudo me, and do I like the fact people agree with my post? yes. Other then that, I get no pleasure out of it.

There's been a few incidents in the past few days, were people felt like they should have to question me thinking I owe them an answer to big kudo thing.

Well guess what, you got your answer.

To wrap this all up, should kudo board stay or go? well if you keep it, people who don't like the users who are on the board will just throw them under the bus. If the board goes, the people who wanted the board to stay (Being the ones who don't like the current list) will just throw a fit.

It's a tough situation.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (7,298 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4740 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Personally i think that all of this has been taken far too serious. Kudos doesn't even mean anything. I will kudos posts as i would like something on FB. I will kudos a post for numerous reasons: If a post makes me laugh, if a friend posts, if a post is well written, i'll always kudos community events, new users, good suggestions etc.. 

I have actually kudos'd every post before me in this thread, because it is irrelevant. I'm not here to try and ruffle anyones feathers but i think most people here and on the EU forums are aware of all the drama that has been going on lately, and to be quite honest, i couldn't care less for forum politics. It's all starting to wear very thin. I don't know why everyone can't just try and get along. We are supposed to be a community right? 

However, i do agree that the kudos leaderboard should be removed or revised as it is clearly flawed as is. At the same time though i don't think there is any harm in showing someone (friend or not) that they are appreciated. I think the kudos button is a nice incentive to promote well thought out posts and try to deter spammy drivel. 

Like any point scoring system, these thing's will always be boosted, cheated and abused. People are very well aware of this flaw. It's down to you to only kudos what you feel is appropriate. Lead by example and others will soon follow suit. 

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (7,347 Views)