Apr 26 2012
By: Sushi_Pirate Fender Bender 4029 posts

Been moving on up...

24 replies 59 views Edited Apr 26, 2012

...to the East side...now I have that song stuck in my head.

There, I feel better now that I have that out of my system. 

So basically I'm at a career crossroads at the moment, and it looks as though I'll no longer be involved (or at least as involved) with the forum in an official capacity.

This definitely isn't goodbye as I'm sure I'll be around (Starhawk launches in two weeks, so I'll be looking for people to pod-cake).  Its been an awesome two years, and it was great getting to know all of you!  Feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have, thoughts about hockey, sushi, and pirates. 

With both LA_BEATZ and myself leaving/changing positions, MercuryValentine will now be your fearless leader for everything community/moderation/tech issue related.  I've worked with her for the last two years and you guys are in very capable hands (though I don't think she likes hockey as much as I do ).

Before LA_BEATZ left for vacation, we talked about having some last hurrah games on Thursday the 3rd of May.  Keep an eye on this thread as we are looking to play some Warhawk and Uncharted. 

I'll still be around for a while officially so let me know if there are any other games you'd like to do some co-op with, or any questions you may have. 

A big thank you to the forum MVPs and all of your hard work and effort to keep the community alive and vibrant.  Thank you to all of you who PM me just to say hello, or chat about upcoming games or releases, it is always appreciated. 

I've met so many awesome people in my time working directly with the forum community.  I want to say a sincere thank you to everyone here; you are what makes PlayStation special.  Strip away the hardware and releases, and I'd still keep coming back to chat with all of you.  I've been touched by your passion, dedication, thoughtful discussion, and pride in your achievements.

See you in game!

-SP

Message 1 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33128 posts

Re: Been moving on up...

Apr 26, 2012

The above news is in my view another nail in the coffin for these Forums.

My wanting to return every day as I do now to post has waned somewhat over the past few months, this news only makes that situation worse.

Good luck to you SP.

Message 2 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7446 posts

Apr 26, 2012

Good Luck, and hope you have success in whatever your going to be doing now.

Message 3 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6681 posts

Apr 26, 2012

SushiPirate,

Thank you for the leadership that you have given. I wish you all the best in your new ventures. I'm sure we will see you again from time to time, and we look forward to that. Regards, SWERV_GRIFFIN

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 4 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7319 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Aww, it sucks to see you two leaving We will miss you, and I definitely want to join you guys in some Uncharted and Warhawk before you leave! I hope all goes well for you guys, and you will be in my prayers to have safe travels

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Message 5 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Thanks everyone!  I'm not sure how involved I'll be with the community post-transition but I definitely still want to join in on some events like GT Saturdays, etc. 

-SP

Message 6 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4738 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Best wishes, S_P.  I know you'll be a star in your next role.  Keep in touch!

T_F

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 7 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21896 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Good luck...

Message 8 of 25 (59 Views)