Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2278 posts

Re: (Almost) 62 Reasons why the new forums suck (Oh wait... I cant say that anymore)

Jan 13, 2011

Trawnza wrote:

Hi Seany - 2K8

That certainly is a detailed list!! I actually found it pretty helpful as we are always looking for ways to make this new platform better and there are some points you've brought up that I can bring to the table.

People have reported on very similar issues (for example, the editing, the language filter, the layout....). We (the Mods) have already reported on these and we're looking into ways we can resolve them.

There are, however, a few things on your list I can shed some light on

Custom Avatars are coming - within the next few weeks. And the load times are getting better with each update we do.

PMs are still here! Just click on "your stuff" on the top and you should be able to see them.

To find polls - click on "Browse" and polls is featured as an option.

E-mail alerts can be switched off - there was an issue with them magically switching themselves on again, but it has been resolved. If you're still recieving them even after you've switched them off - lemme know and I can report the bug and get it resolved.

As for the navigation - have you tried using the "your view" function? You can customise it any way you like...even bookmark the spaces you frequently visit.

Hope that helps,

Any more issues/problems lemme know. I'm happy to help.

TraWnza

ps - i hope i didn't come across as cocky it wasn't my intention - I am really just trying to help.

You wanna make the forums a better place? bring back the list of forums on the front "welcome" page. Why make people click through unneccesary and oft confusing sub-links? The old forums were SO much more welcoming and simple. Scroll a second, find your board, and be done with it. What you have done is effectively confuse/"scare" away anyone who doesn't have the time/patience to "learn to use" the new layout. And I don't blame them.

Nearly every other forum on the internet has a very basic layout of, "See list, scroll to find desired category, find desired sub-category, and click". One click. Not "First off, find the place where the categories are listed, then click on desired category, click agian for sub-category, then click yet again to be taken to the sub-category, think you're there? not yet!  thats just the overview, click one more time to actually get to the actual forum proper!"

So much more convoluted. I for one can tell you that the rate of posting has gone down VERY Dramatically. Most forums (or as we now call them, "sub-categories") don't see but maybe 4 or 5 posts every hour, even the popular ones like GT5, who were seeing anywhere from 50-100+ posts per hour are now down to a mere 30-40 during peak hours (rough calculation). This is sad.

I know asking for the old forums back by now is a lost cause, but surely you can make it somewhat the same, and just bring the simple list back to the front page, instead of that stewpid (no offense) list you have currently.

Message 41 of 50 (56 Views)
Fender Bender
3948 posts

Re: (Almost) 62 Reasons why the new forums suck (Oh wait... I cant say that anymore)

Jan 13, 2011

dont stop fighting for old forums, with number going down and people wanting old forums we have better chance to get them back or a format very similar.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SOAP sig ver 8
Message 42 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
606 posts

Jan 15, 2011

The old forums weren't that great it could have been improved upon, but they were just quicker and easier to use than this and more geared towards their purpose, i.e. being a forum.  This I've no real idea what it's for.

I keep coming back here every couple of weeks or so in the hope that they'll have fixed it.  Made navigation sensible.  Quit with the "global pool" of every post in every place and tags instead of actual forums.  Stopped trying to make a naff social network site, but I guess if they figured anyone wanted a naff second life clone they wouldn't budge on this either.  It' slike someone fixates on a buzzword for the day and wastes tonnes of money trying to shoehorn functionality that doesn't fit into the wrong areas.  What next, 3weets? :/  It's like Sony have forgotten what their target audience is with the PS3, i.e. gamers.  Not Sony Lifestyle/Apple Junkies androgenous drones.

Message 43 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Please bring back old forums this new set up really blows ( am I allowed to say that word?)

Message 44 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
719 posts

Jan 15, 2011

I don't surf for over a month and I come back to this. I almost didn't recognize it. It looks like downsizing to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vita games: 35
Message 45 of 50 (56 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7596 posts

Jan 15, 2011

syscoman wrote:

I don't surf for over a month and I come back to this. I almost didn't recognize it. It looks like downsizing to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSP: 352 UMD Games, On my PSPGO! : PS1: 87, PSP: 221, Minis: 24
DJ Max is highly recommended by the syscoman!! :smileyvery-happy:

I agree with this. I barely get around the system anymore and struggle to find the most places of activity.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 46 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Jan 15, 2011

Bottom line this new format is absolute rubbish! Sony trying to be "hip and "fresh" with technology, and have failed with it..

we just want to post with discussion and a simple way of doing it..... cloud based serch based forums are garbage....

nuff said'

Message 47 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 21, 2011

I definitely agree with these statements. I'd like to see how much the forums traffic has decreased by since they came up with this horrible design. I used to come here daily during the week. I had my favorite forums bookmarked and would occasionally check out other places here too. However, since they have done the redesign I struggle to find anything in an organized fashion because it is completely not user-friendly. So I've just stopped coming here. This is the first time this in a couple of weeks I've even thought about this place.

Sure would be nice if there was a way to have an option for a "classic layout" for the message boards.

And not to mention the boards are still screwed up! I've tried to post this message about 10 times and keep getting the "an error occured" message. When I tried to switch over to the advanced error I see the "400 bad request" page. This whole site is just screwed up. Bad move, Sony, bad move.

Message 48 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Jan 24, 2011

Unfortunately I have to agree with many of the points brought up in this thread. Sure the old forums weren't perfect but they were much easier to navigate, read, and use in general. I've lost all the floated threads/boards I had as well as my friend list (not that big of a deal considering how old it was but still ). I thought we were just losing the old PMs we had, guess I didn't read the message right.

The good thing about these boards is that it seems like there is more intergration between the PS3 and the boards whereas before it seemed more disconnected. Maybe it's just me

Message 49 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I know this may sound very stupid!! but how do you post a new thread??? LOL   Please reply!!

Go To www.allps3tricks.blogspot.com to get useful tricks for your ps3
Message 50 of 50 (56 Views)
0 Likes