Sep 03 2013
By: frogman1084 First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

psn Plus lies???

13 replies 214 views Edited Sep 3, 2013
Have a question, I went online today and the ps store said hitman was for free with the psn plus...well, i got the $49,99 year package to get it and what happened!!!! Right after I paid, hitman was not free anymore. I think is not fair as a customer to have this situation, i joined the plus network because i know of its benefits but also i found attractive to have hitman for free rightaway, now i find what i paid useless for the moment. I would expect a fair solution for this
Message 1 of 14 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Re: psn Plus lies???

Sep 3, 2013

It updates every month, they release blog posts with the dates and whatnot, what happened to you was that it literally got taken off the PS Plus today, possibly while you were buying a subscription.  They release the download for a month, then you get to keep it as long as your subscribed after you download it.  heres this months list starting today,

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/02/ps-plus-resident-evil-chronicles-hd-collection-free-for-me...

I'm sorry you were dissapointed but I will throw out there that I've gotten tons of games for my vita/ps3 and psp from my subscription and its well worth it, hopefully they will release games in the future that you will enjoy. (this months ps3 game isnt that great, but ive literally gotten a few hundred dollars worth of games from my 1 year subscription.

Message 2 of 14 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Curiously it dissapeared right after i paid for the membership, like at 3 pm my time. As you mentioned...this month games are not amazing and i agree. I wasnt going to get the membership until in a couple of months, i see the game and i said myself why not, i will eventually get the membership so i can rush it some time to get it...and well... it dissapeared..so im wasting months of my membership for a technical change ???? And i get no solutions at all
Message 3 of 14 (200 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40573 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

The PS Store updates every Tuesday afternoon/evening frogman, it is possible that during the purchase procedure the store was mid-update hence your error.

I should state though that this game has been available as a free download for Plus Subscribers for some time now, you left it till the last possible moment to try to take advantage of this, but you left it too late, in future you need to jump on stuff you really want much sooner & not when it is about to be taken away, sorry.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 14 (194 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Thats bull#$@*...i did not wait til the last minute, I have a life and a work... i dont spend the whole day in front of my ps3. If i tried today to get it is because til today i saw it becuse have been about a month since ive been away for work issues, that explanation u guys give is full of crap, if i pay for something i expect to get what im paying for, and not to be scammed with a pitty error due to a mid update hence excuse
Message 5 of 14 (191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40573 posts

Sep 4, 2013

I don't spend all day on my PS3 either, I work too, but, & here's the rub for you, I always enusre I am aware what games are coming to PS Plus & when & what games are leaving & when, this was your error, you did indeed leave it till the last possible moment on Tuesday when the store was updating to try to get the game you wanted & so for these reasons you only have yourself to blame, no one else.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 14 (175 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Hahahah probably your work is this...check a blog all day. Unfortunately not everyone has such a static job, where you can eat donuts all the time while blogging and cheking game lists and **bleep** like that. I would have check what was on the list but guess what: my job consists a lot on traveling to rural areas where you cant get internet access at all. So next time you blame or judge my "lazyness" for leaving it at the last minute you can take that keyboard and stick it deep in your colon...obviously you can stick to that pitty excuse of the update probably the only thong you can do, because solutions you give none. Thanks for doing your best lol.
Message 7 of 14 (168 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40573 posts

Sep 4, 2013

frogman1084 wrote:
Hahahah probably your work is this...check a blog all day. Unfortunately not everyone has such a static job, where you can eat donuts all the time while blogging and cheking game lists and **bleep** like that. I would have check what was on the list but guess what: my job consists a lot on traveling to rural areas where you cant get internet access at all. So next time you blame or judge my "lazyness" for leaving it at the last minute you can take that keyboard and stick it deep in your colon...obviously you can stick to that pitty excuse of the update probably the only thong you can do, because solutions you give none. Thanks for doing your best lol.

You're welcome Smiley Tongue.

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 14 (163 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Sony shows subscription services how it's really done

Sony has made a lot of mistakes over the years, and I've cheerily called the publisher out on many of them. For all its hubris, however, and for all its missteps, the PlayStation brand owner is prone to having some really quite brilliant ideas now and then, proving itself surprisingly savvy and innovative when the need arises. 

Among these ideas, PlayStation Plus is undoubtedly one of its best, though I was cynical towards the idea of a subscription-based PlayStation Network service at first. Early propositions made it sound quite undesirable, and given Sony's other attempts at aping rival Microsoft -- Trophies spring to mind -- I expected something pointless and poorly implemented. 

That's not what we got. Instead, PlayStation Plus is one of the most consumer-friendly, convenient, and worthwhile ideas to hit the PlayStation 3. More importantly, in an industry where publishers are trying to take more money than ever for less content, Sony's the guiding light in how to draw a steady payday from users in a way that makes everybody happy. 

PlayStation Plus is a subscription-based service that offers free games, major discounts, and exclusive downloads to customers for $49.99 a year. Every week, the service offers new freebies and cheap titles, giving away not just classic PlayStation games, but current-gen titles including big hitters like inFAMOUS and The Walking Dead

In keeping its commitment to offering free online play, Sony had to work extra hard to ensure PS Plus was worth paying for, and the results can be measured in numbers. The company recently revealed Plus' discounts and giveaways amounted to a cumulative $2,472 in 2012. While it's unlikely a customer downloaded absolutely everything required to get these savings, it would be quite easy to at least make back the $50 entry fee in content. 

It sounds almost ridiculous to say it, but Sony has been pioneering the practice of giving stuff away in exchange for consumer loyalty. Yes, it seems like a no-brainer tactic, but the idea seems to have eroded in so many areas of the industry that Sony's remarkable for doing it. You give Sony money, and Sony gives you stuff in return. It doesn't unlock stuff that was gated off, it doesn't provide what the competitor was already providing, it just gives you things. It's almost crazy to see that now, especially on consoles. 

And yes, it's true that PS Plus doesn't let you keep the free content once you unsubscribe, but if you weren't getting your money's worth while still tied to it, then frankly, you have nothing worth missing. Even as a "rental" service, it's a killer deal, and the discounts are nothing to sniff at. 

Compare this to Microsoft, a company struggling more and more to justify its subscription service with a straight face. The Xbox 360 owner has systematically worked to hold its content to ransom in an increasingly futile bid to make Xbox Live Gold look worth its fee. The biggest feature is, of course, online play -- something available for free on PS3, Wii U, and PC. The company took something that was already a given, and held it back. 

It's done this with practically every feature on Xbox Live Gold. Netflix, Amazon Video, and (before retirement) social apps like Twitter and Facebook all require Gold subscriptions to use, despite these items being freely available on almost every electronic device on the market. Hell, my television can access Netflix, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and a Web browser, and they're all better than the Xbox 360 versions -- they browse faster, they stream more consistently, and their search functions blow the 360's pathetic offerings out of the water. 

This is the reality of Xbox Live Gold, a service I believe only continues to thrive due to the habitual nature of consumers, and one that I don't think can sustain itself indefinitely. Xbox Live Gold has never offered the consumers anything. It's never actually exchanged a feature outstanding enough to justify an outstanding payment. All it does is take away. Even demos are held hostage, given a delayed release for Xbox Live Silver users in a fantastic example of just how desperate Microsoft is to create the illusion of worth instead of providing actual value. Xbox Live Gold is all smoke and mirrors -- a delayed feature here, a withheld app there, a carefully constructed facade. So carefully constructed, in fact, it may have been less effort to actually give consumers something. 

Oh, and let's not even get started on the ads Xbox Live run on its paid service. 

There's a strong sentiment in the games industry that the consumer should be the load-bearer for a publisher's problems. Game budgets running out of control? Charge $60, regardless of quality, and take content out to sell as "downloadable" content later. Piracy is a perceived problem? Shovel in a load of DRM as a placebo, which only really has the effect of controlling those consumers who already paid you fair and square. Used games a potential threat? Lock online play in a cage and make used gamers pay a direct fee, while those who bought it new waste time inputting a code to show their fealty. 

Sony's not above some of those practices itself, of course, but at least when it comes to PS Plus, the company truly did its loyalest consumers a solid. 

It's disgraceful that Sony's PS Plus philosophy is such an anomaly in the videogame industry, that choosing to reward, rather than punish, the customer is downright unique in contrast to Sony's closest rivals. The idea that a subscription service legitimately exchange content for cash should not be something so extraordinary as to be praised, but that's the situation we're in. PlayStation Plus really shouldn't be considered excellent, it shouldn't be applauded for going above and beyond. It is though, and while that's a damning indictment on the rest of the industry, it certainly makes Sony the good guy -- in relative terms, if nothing else.

Message 9 of 14 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Sep 4, 2013
But then again there a bunch of liars as well for one I can't buy Saints Row 3 for gezz it should be by now at a 20% percent discount from Sony but no! I'm not paying $39.99 for that **bleep** game when I can get it cheap else where Sony!
Message 10 of 14 (159 Views)
0 Likes