Reply
Aug 08 2013
By: BootstrapGolem Lombax Warrior 217 posts
Offline

ps+ auto updating not working?

8 replies 163 views Edited Aug 8, 2013

I just finally picked up ps+ last week and spent that time downloading all the games available until yesterday when battlefield finished. But seeing that it had a 2 gig update I decided to let the other benefit of plus do it its thing and toggled automatic updates. Short story long, I'm currently downloading the update because the damned thing didn't go last night. I turned it on and set it for 4-6 am and everything but download recommended games and videos were checked, so why did it not seemingly work?

Message 1 of 9 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
24784 posts
 

Re: ps+ auto updating not working?

Aug 8, 2013
Message 2 of 9 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
41835 posts
 

Re: ps+ auto updating not working?

Aug 8, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

It auto updates every other day unless I'm mistaken.


Correct, I was just about to say that!

 

PS Plus updates every other day as ne1 has said.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 9 (154 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: ps+ auto updating not working?

Aug 8, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

It auto updates every other day unless I'm mistaken.


I turn my PS3 off every night unless I am downloading something, and it uploads each day when I turn it on.  I think this is a variable setting.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 4 of 9 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
24784 posts
 

Re: ps+ auto updating not working?

Aug 8, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

It auto updates every other day unless I'm mistaken.


I turn my PS3 off every night unless I am downloading something, and it uploads each day when I turn it on.  I think this is a variable setting.


I believe that's a different function. You're talking about uploading game saves and synching trophies. The OP is talking about downloading patches for games. Again maybe I'm wrong but I always thought it was every other day.

Message 5 of 9 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: ps+ auto updating not working?

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

It auto updates every other day unless I'm mistaken.


Correct, I was just about to say that!

 

PS Plus updates every other day as ne1 has said.

 

BRIT-KO


Updates everyday at 4-6am for me. 

If there is nothing to update, then you're not shown anything. If there were any updates, you are given a prompt as to the changes made on the next bootup.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 9 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
41835 posts
 

Re: ps+ auto updating not working?

Aug 8, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

It auto updates every other day unless I'm mistaken.


Correct, I was just about to say that!

 

PS Plus updates every other day as ne1 has said.

 

BRIT-KO


Updates everyday at 4-6am for me


Hmm, maybe ne1 & I are confused (always possible lol) with the OP's question!

 

Mine is set at 2am-4am daily, but my PS3 isn't on every day anyway so i wouldn't know for sure.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 7 of 9 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/21/2009
Offline
217 posts
 

Re: ps+ auto updating not working?

Aug 8, 2013

so should i have turned the system off in order for it to work? i never trust consoles to actually download or update in the background while they're turned off, so i just leave them on when downloading at night or whenever. that might've been my mistake here...

Message 8 of 9 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
41835 posts
 

Re: ps+ auto updating not working?

Aug 8, 2013

BootstrapGolem wrote:

so should i have turned the system off in order for it to work? i never trust consoles to actually download or update in the background while they're turned off, so i just leave them on when downloading at night or whenever. that might've been my mistake here...


Yes, turn the PS3 off.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg



Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 9 of 9 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes