Aug 17 2012
By: KingDr3d88 First Son 1 posts

playstation plus wont let me download game

5 replies 2464 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

playstation plus wont let me download game. It says i dont have enough storage space and i have over 15 gb when i only need 7 gb . can i talk to someone from playstation

Message 1 of 6 (2,464 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
6916 posts

Re: playstation plus wont let me download game

Aug 17, 2012

KingDr3d88 wrote:

playstation plus wont let me download game. It says i dont have enough storage space and i have over 15 gb when i only need 7 gb . can i talk to someone from playstation

You can, if you call or email support (link below).  You need twice the space available as the game size.  If it's really 7 and 15 this should work and you may want to contact support for help.  But lets say you have 15 GB free but the file size is 7.6 GB.  Then you would have to free 200 MB in order to install it.  My guess is that if you free up another GB (or less) you'll be able to install.  Good luck, and welcome to the forums.

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Message 2 of 6 (2,457 Views)
MVP Support
39470 posts

Aug 17, 2012

JERM above is correct, for any game you want to install you first need to know the HDD space the game requires then double it, I know "technically" you have the required free space, but again i think JERM is correct in that freeing up a bit more will solve your issue.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (2,453 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I am having a similar problem.  I am currently attempting to download Bioshock, which is a 12 GB game according to the Playstation Store.  I just checked my system informatiion and it says I have 37 GB of free space, yet when I try to download the game it still says that there is not enough free space.  I know you need double the amount of HDD space the game requires but I have over triple of that so I don't know what the problem is.  Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 6 (2,320 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Oct 8, 2012

pmoore13 wrote:

I am having a similar problem.  I am currently attempting to download Bioshock, which is a 12 GB game according to the Playstation Store.  I just checked my system informatiion and it says I have 37 GB of free space, yet when I try to download the game it still says that there is not enough free space.  I know you need double the amount of HDD space the game requires but I have over triple of that so I don't know what the problem is.  Any suggestions?

That sounds odd, from what you've said you have way more than enough free space, sorry to sounds rude but you're sure your figures are correct right?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 6 (2,316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 8, 2012

It's working now.  I just turned it off and then back on and it seemed to fix the solution.  Thanks anyways.

Message 6 of 6 (2,312 Views)
0 Likes