Highlighted
Feb 05 2013
By: henmore99 First Son 4 posts

playstation plus auto update help

3 replies 185 views Edited Feb 5, 2013
So i came home from school on monday to see a message on my ps3 saying an automatic update is occuring. I just got playstation plus so this has never happened before to me. I waited a day and saw the same message again. None of my fully charged controllers are conecting and i just want to play some red dead. Is my ps3 broken or am i just impatient
Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Re: playstation plus auto update help

Feb 5, 2013

henmore99 wrote:
So i came home from school on monday to see a message on my ps3 saying an automatic update is occuring. I just got playstation plus so this has never happened before to me. I waited a day and saw the same message again. None of my fully charged controllers are conecting and i just want to play some red dead. Is my ps3 broken or am i just impatient

One of the features of PlayStation Plus is that it automatically updates certain things.

It can automatically sync your trophies, it can also download patched for games, download the latest firmware update etc, all without you having to do anything.

You can turn your TV on when this is happening, but it would be unwise to stop what it is doing for fear of corrupting the data.

When it;s done it's 'thing', go to the XMB menu then from there you can adjust the settings for PS PLus auto-update, mine is set for between 1am & 4am.

Hope this helps.

BRIT-KO.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Moved from Forum Info & Help. Smiley Surprised

space_cape!!

Message 3 of 4 (168 Views)
MVP Support
28800 posts

Feb 5, 2013

The Plus automatic updates feature is capable of installing game updates and demos automatically, but it will never install a System update automatically.  Sony won't install one of those until you accept the updated license agreement.  Automatic updates will download a new System update when one is available, but you have to start the install manually.  Therefore, Automatic Updates can't cause a problem with the PS3 System software, because it never changes the PS3 System software.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (161 Views)
0 Likes