Umbrella Scientist
12625 posts

Re: dont starve wont let me dl for free

Jan 7, 2014
I managed to get to the part showing the disclaimer stating it's free till you no longer a plus member subscriber but after confirming it still tries to charge me.... I canceled the purchase, and won't go past that until it is properly working..
>

Message 31 of 47 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12625 posts

Re: Sony charged me for Don't Starve on the ps4 and I have PS+

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014
You should if been more aware of what's happening..
If the checkout page still lists a price, then you were buying it for 14 dollars..

If it was free then it wouldn't show a price...

It's possible the store has yet yo be properly updated to reflect that the game is free to ps+ members
>

Message 32 of 47 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Seems to work for some and not for others. Mine is still not showing free.  I thought there was something wrong with my plus subscription.

Message 33 of 47 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 7, 2014

I had the same issue. It now is listed as FREE Download. But when I get to the checkout it says it will charge me the full price.

Message 34 of 47 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Don't Starve not free with active PS+ membership!

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks dman, it worked! Been waiting to play this one on PS4 for some time now Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 47 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Charged for Don't Starve with PS Plus

Jan 7, 2014

The problem with that statement is, it absolutely IS listed as free. Even in within the game description it says "This item is available as a free download for PlayStation Plus users." There was a whole lot that was confusing and misleading. Good news is, I just got off the phone with customer support, seems I was able to get a refund. So for those of you reading this thread in despair, there's hope for you yet!

Message 36 of 47 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

Samantha C.: Hi, my name is Samantha C.. How may I help you?
 *****: Hi. I am a PS plus member and just downloaded Don't Starve and was charged for it
 *****: The game states it is free for PS Plus members
 Samantha C.: I see, ***. I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
 *****: It looks like I am not the only one having the issue  http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus-Support/Sony-charged-me-for-Don-t-Starve-on-the-ps4...
 *****: Thank you
 Samantha C.: We can go ahead and set up a refund request for. I do want to advise you that According to the PlayStation Network User Agreement all sales made on the PlayStation Network are final, so I cannot guarantee a refund will be processed. If your refund request is granted, all funds will be returned to your PSN wallet.
 *****: The game clearly states "free for PS Plus users" though, so that would still be applicable to the user agreement?
 *****: Also, how long will the refund take?
 ***** http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/06/playstation-plus-dont-starve-dmc-free-for-members/
 *****: Don’t Starve (PS4)
Free for PS Plus members
PlayStation Plus Update 1-6-2014 Don’t Starve: Console Edition is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic. You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
 Samantha C.: That is the terms and services. We can definitely set up the refund request for review. Please allow 2-4 weeks for your request to be processed, you will be notified via email regarding our decision. If your refund request is granted, all funds will be returned to your PSN wallet within 3-5 business days of email notification.
 ***** LOL 2-4 weeks
 ***** Do you agree that PSN should not have charged me for this game?
 Samantha C.: I know that the game is free for PS Plus, however, we can set up this refund request for you if you would like.
 ***** Yes, please do.
 ***** If you agree that it is free, how come you are making it sound like there is a chance I won't get refunded?

***** : Since this is an error on PSN's part and now I won't get my money for 2-4 weeks.. is there anything you can do for me?
 ***** : And also since I may not possibly get refunded
 Samantha C.: Unfortunately, at this time this is all that we can do.

Well, it looks like we may "possibly" get our money back in 2-4 weeks.  

Message 37 of 47 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 7, 2014

I'm new to purchasing things on PSN and PS Plus.  I just assumed that I would not be charged, despite what it says at the end since the game states that it is free to PS Plus users.

Message 38 of 47 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

I was charged for Don't Starve even though it was to be free.

Jan 7, 2014
I was charged for Don't Starve even though the price said Free for Plus members. I went into it and just clicked for it to download and I was emailed saying they added funds to my wallet. I'm happy to be back to Playstation since being a X360 owner for 7 years, but maybe there's something I'm not aware of since I wasn't primarily a PS3 player? I have Plus and I've activated my PS4 as the primary. Is there something I need to do on top of that? And does the store's Plus section always try to sell you Plus even if you have it or is that odd too? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.
[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/TrickyBandit][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/TrickyBandit.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 39 of 47 (204 Views)
MVP Support
13838 posts

Re: I was charged for Don't Starve even though it was to be free.

Jan 7, 2014

TrickyBandit wrote:
I was charged for Don't Starve even though the price said Free for Plus members. I went into it and just clicked for it to download and I was emailed saying they added funds to my wallet. I'm happy to be back to Playstation since being a X360 owner for 7 years, but maybe there's something I'm not aware of since I wasn't primarily a PS3 player? I have Plus and I've activated my PS4 as the primary. Is there something I need to do on top of that? And does the store's Plus section always try to sell you Plus even if you have it or is that odd too? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.

The store doesn't fully update until late in the day.

So they may have updated where it says the game was free, but didn't remove the actual cost yet.

My suggestion? For future use, NEVER download PS+ games on Tuesdays. Just download them on Wednesdays, after the update is already through (PS Store updates every Tuesday at some random time)

That way you can avoid these issues.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 47 (198 Views)