Mar 20 2017
By: RaidSmith First Son 2 posts

Yakuza 4 PS3

[ Edited ]
5 replies 154 views Edited last month

Hello, i got yakuza 4 for PS3 sometime ago and i planed to buy the whole series and a few for friends as gifts but... when i log onto my system the game which is installed digital copy wise on my PS3 HDD it wont let me playing it saying its no longer in the PSN i was hoping PS could help me out with not for free i bought games for PS4 i would offer a trade of those they are digital copies please refund keep them what ever the value of the games i bought for PS4 greatly out weigh the Yakuza 4 game i want to play hoping for once you guy at sony can help me out. thank you for your time hope you can get back to me soon

Thread moved to games/services. GuardianBelle

Message 1 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Yakuza 4 PS3

[ Edited ]
last month

You have to play on the account that you purchased the game with, or set is an activated account on the PS3 so you can share content license, then  you can play on a different account on the same PS3.

Message 2 of 6 (144 Views)
MVP Support
34342 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

No.  You can't download a game to the PS3 at all unless the console is activated under your PSN account, so PS3 games can always be shared with other users on the same console.  Only the PS4 allows games to be downloaded to a console that is not activated under the downloading account.  PSN games cannot be traded in towards anything else.  If the game was purchased with money, then the PSN account that purchased the game can still download it, even if the game had been withdrawn from sale in the PlayStation Store; which Yakuza 4 never was. You cannot trade-in games that you purchased in the PlayStation Store to get another game for free. All sales are final.  PlayStation Store games cannot be sold, traded-in, or even given away. Yakuza 4 was a PlayStation Plus free game.  If that is how you got it, then you lost it when your Plus subscription ended.

GKP
Message 3 of 6 (134 Views)
First Son
2 posts

last month

ty, but i got to rephrase the question i have Yakuza 4 on my PS3 im guessing i got it from PSN+ for free if i buy it on the PSN site right now will i be able to play it on my ps3 keeping inb mind i current already have it downloaded?

Message 4 of 6 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Yakuza 4 was given free in march 2015 fpr PS+. You're saying you don't have PS+ at the moment? I am not sure, but I do think purchasing the game now will give you license to play the Yakuza 4 that you have downloaded on your system, so you won't have to redownload it. Or you can just subcribe to PS+ and be able to play it again, you keep your free PS+ library. There is no trade program, you can not offer digital games you own for other games..

Message 5 of 6 (85 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
34342 posts

last month

RaidSmith wrote:

ty, but i got to rephrase the question i have Yakuza 4 on my PS3 im guessing i got it from PSN+ for free if i buy it on the PSN site right now will i be able to play it on my ps3 keeping inb mind i current already have it downloaded?

Yes.  If you buy the game in the PlayStation Store, then you will be able to play the copy that is already installed on your console.  You just have to start the game the first time with the account that purchased it, while that account is signed-in to PSN.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes