Reply
Jan 24 2013
By: RRubiC First Son 15 posts
Offline

What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

13 replies 445 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

The Playstation website still shows it as part of the Instant Game Collection, but it doesn't appear as such in the store - It is not in the PSPlus' Free Games list and if searched it comes up normally charged. I never saw it in the "Expiring Soon" section either. This game is/was a big incentive for a friend of mine to pay for Plus, I almost made the sale for you Smiley Wink, but not showing up in the store kind of put him off.

 

Message 1 of 14 (445 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
24784 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013
Message 2 of 14 (444 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 09/17/2009
Offline
30130 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

Jan 25, 2013

It is no longer in the Instant Game Collection.  It left on January 8th.  The Expiring Soon section of the Playstation Store update was omitted from the December 31st post due to an editing error.  The game was in the last chance section of the actual Playstation Store during the following week. Sony doesn't replace the PS Plus web page every time the Playstation Store is updated.  If you want to know what is in the Instant Game Collection at any given moment, you have to check the Playstation Store.  Not the Playstation Plus product page.

GKP
Message 3 of 14 (429 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/04/2009
Offline
7219 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

It is no longer in the Instant Game Collection.  It left on January 8th.  The Expiring Soon section of the Playstation Store update was omitted from the December 31st post due to an editing error.  The game was in the last chance section of the actual Playstation Store during the following week. Sony doesn't replace the PS Plus web page every time the Playstation Store is updated.  If you want to know what is in the Instant Game Collection at any given moment, you have to check the Playstation Store.  Not the Playstation Plus product page.


What's strange is that the website does list the new content (foosball).  So they have updated it, but it's not accrate.  I don't check the "last chance" section so I can't comment on whether it was there, but it's definitely confusing a lot of people.  The store is obviously the best way to check though.

 

ps+

 

It just occured to me that Infamous 2 was on sale and was mistakenly removed.  Perhaps the same thing happened with QC, which was also on sale?  Did you see any "official" statement about it?  What's your source for the editing error?

Message 4 of 14 (418 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 09/17/2009
Offline
30130 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

Jan 25, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

It just occured to me that Infamous 2 was on sale and was mistakenly removed.  Perhaps the same thing happened with QC, which was also on sale?  Did you see any "official" statement about it?  What's your source for the editing error?


The entire Expiring Soon section was missing from the December 31st post, but there was content in the Last Chance section of the Playstation Store during the following week.  That's an editing error.  There was content to put in that section of the post, but someone failed to add it.  I remember seeing QC in the Last Chance section of the Playstation Store, which I check every week. It just wasn't in the Blog.

GKP
Message 5 of 14 (406 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/02/2010
Offline
56 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

Jan 25, 2013
Most games stay in the IGC for 3 months before being removed. QC was in it less than 2 months, so it could have been a mistake. Assuming the Mega Man bundle counts as 1 game and the 2 cross-play Vita titles count as 0, we only have 11 games in the IGC. That's more reason to believe it was mistakenly removed.
Message 6 of 14 (398 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/16/2008
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Well, that's wierd. I also check the "Last Chance" section every week, in case I have missed something, and I don't remember seeing QC any time. Maybe I missed it (?), but the fact that it is still listed in the updated IGC image, as posted by JERM7 (thanks by the way!), also made (and still makes) me think of a mistake, taking also into account that, as Crusher201 already pointed out, "officially" we only have 11 games for the PS3 IGC.

 

Anyway, I just wanted to check and see if it was missing by error or if it actually was already out of the collection.

Message 7 of 14 (393 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 09/17/2009
Offline
30130 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Post a comment to the latest Playstation Store Update blog entry.  Grace, Morgan, or Christine can find out for certain. The length of time that games are in the Instant Game Collection is highly variable.  Rochard was only in for one week. LBP2 and R&C All for One have been there since E3.

GKP
Message 8 of 14 (390 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/16/2008
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

Jan 26, 2013

Thanks GKP. Will post in the next Plus or Store update. The last updates are already "too old" for them to see it. That's why I tried my luck here in the forums, I thought maybe Morgan would see it.

 

Thanks for your help!

Message 9 of 14 (381 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/28/2008
Offline
11160 posts
 

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

Jan 27, 2013

Crusher201 wrote:
Most games stay in the IGC for 3 months before being removed. QC was in it less than 2 months, so it could have been a mistake. Assuming the Mega Man bundle counts as 1 game and the 2 cross-play Vita titles count as 0, we only have 11 games in the IGC. That's more reason to believe it was mistakenly removed.

I think this is partially correct.  PS+ Full games will remain in the IGC for a minimum of three months.  PSN-only titles may be removed after only a month or two.  This is how games will continually be rotated in and out of the IGC, so those of us with extended subscriptions to PS+ never feel stagnated.

Message 10 of 14 (368 Views)
Reply
0 Likes