MVP Support
30097 posts

Re: What happened to Quantum Conundrum for Plus?

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Crusher201 wrote:
Most games stay in the IGC for 3 months before being removed. QC was in it less than 2 months, so it could have been a mistake. Assuming the Mega Man bundle counts as 1 game and the 2 cross-play Vita titles count as 0, we only have 11 games in the IGC. That's more reason to believe it was mistakenly removed.

I think this is partially correct.  PS+ Full games will remain in the IGC for a minimum of three months.  PSN-only titles may be removed after only a month or two.  This is how games will continually be rotated in and out of the IGC, so those of us with extended subscriptions to PS+ never feel stagnated.

It isn't correct at all, really.  I already posted one example of a PSN game, Rochard, that was in the IGC for one week. That proves that the minimum time for a game to be in the IGC is one week.  It can't be less than that, because the Playstation Store is only updated weekly. Other games in the IGC have been in for less than 2 months. Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition was only in the IGC for one month, and that is a Full PS3 Game; so it clearly is not true that Full PS3 Games will remain in the IGC for a minimum of three months. The fact is that Sony never stated any minimum period for games to remain in the IGC.  It depends on the deal that the Playstation Store negotiates with the publisher of the game.  Sony never guaranteed that the IGC would always contain any specific number of games, or any minimum number of games, either.

GKP
Message 11 of 14 (339 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Jan 31, 2013

RRubiC wrote:

The Playstation website still shows it as part of the Instant Game Collection, but it doesn't appear as such in the store - It is not in the PSPlus' Free Games list and if searched it comes up normally charged. I never saw it in the "Expiring Soon" section either. This game is/was a big incentive for a friend of mine to pay for Plus, I almost made the sale for you Smiley Wink, but not showing up in the store kind of put him off.

Hi everyone, 

Quantum Conundrum may have been removed by error. =| I'm checking with the teams now and will follow up when I get a response. 

Message 12 of 14 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 31, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Quantum Conundrum may have been removed by error. =| I'm checking with the teams now and will follow up when I get a response. 

Great! Thanks Morgan. And give my thanks to Kristine for her answer in the PSBlog too. Glad my posts were of  help. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 14 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 3, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Crusher201 wrote:
Most games stay in the IGC for 3 months before being removed. QC was in it less than 2 months, so it could have been a mistake. Assuming the Mega Man bundle counts as 1 game and the 2 cross-play Vita titles count as 0, we only have 11 games in the IGC. That's more reason to believe it was mistakenly removed.

I think this is partially correct.  PS+ Full games will remain in the IGC for a minimum of three months.  PSN-only titles may be removed after only a month or two.  This is how games will continually be rotated in and out of the IGC, so those of us with extended subscriptions to PS+ never feel stagnated.

It isn't correct at all, really.  I already posted one example of a PSN game, Rochard, that was in the IGC for one week. That proves that the minimum time for a game to be in the IGC is one week.  It can't be less than that, because the Playstation Store is only updated weekly. Other games in the IGC have been in for less than 2 months. Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition was only in the IGC for one month, and that is a Full PS3 Game; so it clearly is not true that Full PS3 Games will remain in the IGC for a minimum of three months. The fact is that Sony never stated any minimum period for games to remain in the IGC.  It depends on the deal that the Playstation Store negotiates with the publisher of the game.  Sony never guaranteed that the IGC would always contain any specific number of games, or any minimum number of games, either.

He's definitely wrong. There are 3 games for each PS3 and PSV that will be in the collection for a year. The game of the month can be a PSN or PS3 game. It always lasts from the first update of the month to the first update of the next month. I'm almost certain all other games in the IGC, except for Rochard, have lasted 3 months. There were extras like the Sonic bundle, Starhawk SP, PSOne games and minis that didn't count as part of the IGC. They generally stayed a month.

Message 14 of 14 (296 Views)
0 Likes