Feb 01 2014
By: gnicko First Son 1 posts

Unable to access Playstation Plus

11 replies 343 views Edited Feb 1, 2014

I have a paid subscription to Playstation Plus under this account but when I go to the Playstation Store on my PS4 while logged in to my Sony account it tells me I do not have a Plus account.

Message 1 of 12 (343 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39998 posts

Re: Unable to access Playstation Plus

Feb 1, 2014

gnicko wrote:

I have a paid subscription to Playstation Plus under this account but when I go to the Playstation Store on my PS4 while logged in to my Sony account it tells me I do not have a Plus account.

Welcome to the PlayStation Communtiy.

What do you mean 'it's telling you you don't have Plus', where is it saying this exactly?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 12 (322 Views)
MVP Support
7087 posts

Feb 4, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

gnicko wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Communtiy.

What do you mean 'it's telling you you don't have Plus', where is it saying this exactly?

BRIT-KO

I agree, it's not very clear.  Also you refer to "this account" and your "Sony account."  If you are using two separate accounts, then that would be the issue.  I verified with another website that you have PS+ on this account, so if this is what you're using, perhaps you just need to renew licenses on the PS4.

Message 3 of 12 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 4, 2014

I keep getting to play online you need playstation plus. I have ps+ and its a year subscription. What do i need to do? I tried restoring license. Please help me with this.

Message 4 of 12 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 5, 2014

I'm facing the same issue.

Message 5 of 12 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Same issue, most likely has something to do with the network issues they are having.  It can't authenticate or "Verify" that you have a PS+ account, so it does what it was programmed to do is not let you play online or access playstation Plus features, including downloaded games that are (Free) PS+ only.

Message 6 of 12 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 5, 2014
it is very random though, it won't work and then it will, wont and then will, so seems like they are working on something
Message 7 of 12 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 5, 2014
I'm having the issue with COD Ghosts. I select play online and get the "playstation plus acct required" then it goes to another window that read ps plus under maint. Been like this for 5 hours now. Yes i have ps plus
Message 8 of 12 (199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Ok , i had this same issue. but i could access ps network store. but when i went to play CoD ghosts a mesage popped up saying i did not have PS+. now thats **bleep** because i spent 50 **bleep** dollars on the ps+ alopng with 449.99 on my console. So what do i do? i call PS network. On hold for 15 minutes only to get the most unacknowledgable person ever who repeated the word " umm" 50 times. i recorded this convo because it was sooo **bleep** funny. 30 minutes later the genius finally asked for my email address .... i finally get through to a manager. who then had me reset my licensing then to ACTIVATE my ps4 as my main ps4. this helped me as i was able to connect to CoD online. Only to find that the servers were lagged out to **bleep**. so another question came to mind. Am i paying for today? i was told " you can look at it that way " i had to stop myself from dying of laughter. do i want to look at it that way ? **bleep** no! so i said hey man go home , flip on your light switch and have no lights come on. but you just paid your electric bill, how would you feel? this is a 700$ + investment TREAT ME LIKE A MA FUGGIN BOSS ! Or back to Xbox !

Message 9 of 12 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 5, 2014
Im having the same problem. I just got a 30 day PlayStation Plus trial two nights ago and can play online games with no problem. But when I enter the PlayStation store to download tm Outlast for free it won't let me. It's acting like I don't have PS Plus. My only option is to buy it for $20 or sign up for PS Plus. How can I be able to play online games but the store not recognize I have PS Plus? I have been waiting for Outlast for so long. And now your faulty subscription/store won't let me download it. Im basically losing out on my trial. And while trying to contact Sony and Playstation many times about this I have yet to have been helped. Just ignored.
Message 10 of 12 (147 Views)
0 Likes