Mar 18 2017
By: SirSkedar First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

The preload for Mass Effect: Andromeda isn't starting and there isn't even an option to start it

152 replies 34842 views Edited last month

I preordered the Deluxe edition today and  for whatever reason, the preload simply won't start. The option isn't even there, even though it says on the game's page in the PS store that it should be avaliable. I read through issues people have had with preload regarding other games but they all seem to be able to at least see/press a preload option and then they're recieving an error code,  but that isn't what's happening to me. The option to preload isn't even appearing. I asked in one of the communities that i'm in on PSN about it and one other person reported having the same issue. I just can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. My brother bought the game earlier this week and was able to preload so i'm certain that this isn't as simple as it not actually being avaliable yet. If I go into the purchased section of my library, I can see the timer for release in there but if I press X to go to it's page, it just says, "Check back soon" on the right, and no option to start the download. I've tried completly turning my playstation on and off, restoring licenses, I made sure that I have the option selected to automatically start downloads in my console setting ( i've preloaded many games before but this is the first issue i've ever had and they all started automatically), I tried looking directly through the store to see if the option was hiding in there but to no avail, I even went on the Playstation website to see if I could do it through there and again, the option wasn't there. A weird thing to mention is that, if I go to the games page on browser, it says "you purchased this product" five times in a line going down. I'm also certain that the download never started even though my brother said that his did it automatically when he purchased it. I had the idea that maybe it's just not appearing in my downloads and that it did start but, it's been seven hours, i'm pretty certain that if that was the case, it would have finished by now.  If requested, I could take a screenshot of what the store is saying on browser and post a link. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated, this is my most anticipated game in years, I really hope that i'm not going to have to sit through a lengthy download on day of release.

Message 5 of 153 (34,842 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mass effect andromeda won't pre-load

[ Edited ]
last month

I pre-order mass effect andromeda and said the pre-load start 3-15-13 any help would do this pissing me off

MOD EDIT: Merged with existing thread. -minako85v
Message 1 of 153 (30,705 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Unable to pre-load Mass Effect: Andromeda

[ Edited ]
last month

I pre-ordered Mass Effect: Andromeda last night on the Playstation Store on my console, and despite the game being released for pre-downloading, I do not have that option anywhere.

If I go to Purchased Games in my Library, and navigate to ME:A, there is a timer, and an Overview section that simply says "Check back later!". From this panel I can download the theme and the addons, but not the main game.

If I go to Media in my online account, I can see that I purchased ME:A but there are no options for downloading to my PS4.

If I go to the Download List on my Android app, the only button that appears under any of the entries is "Learn how to activate your PS4", which I have already done.

What is going on? I would very much like to pre-download this game so that I can play it on release day instead of waiting another day and a half to download a 50GB game.

MOD EDIT: Merged with existing thread. -minako85v
Message 2 of 153 (30,378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Unable to pre-load Mass Effect: Andromeda

last month

I too am having this exact same issue. I expected the preload thing to kick in immediately, but it didnt and I cant find any way to make it happen.

Message 3 of 153 (30,365 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

last month

So, just out of curiousity, does anyone from Sony ever actually check these forums? If not, how else does one go about contacting support?

Message 4 of 153 (30,329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: The preload for Mass Effect: Andromeda isn't starting and there isn't even an option to start it

last month

Same problem here

Message 6 of 153 (34,794 Views)
Lombax Warrior
1 posts

Re: The preload for Mass Effect: Andromeda isn't starting and there isn't even an option to start it

last month
This may sound stupid, but it works. Go to your library, hit "search", then type in mass effect, then hit download. I had the same problem, and that was the solution I found. Hope this helps.
Message 7 of 153 (34,741 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Mass effect andromeda won't pre-load

last month
Same I go to my download list and both the pre order bonus and deluxe content are there but not the game. My friend has purchased it and his has already downloaded I go to playstation store to try and force the download and all it says is purchased im really confused and pretty aggravated.
Message 8 of 153 (30,552 Views)
First Son
1 posts

last month
Yassssss! I had the same issue. This worked, and my mass effect is preloading.

You rock, rock.
Message 9 of 153 (34,701 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

last month
You may call or chat with support.
Message 10 of 153 (30,228 Views)
0 Likes