MVP Support
40006 posts

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play!!

Mar 21, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

I just went to the store to see if I can redownload the season pass. It wants me to repurchase it. I then went thru my download list and began redownloading all 5 episodes. I'll post back if I'm in the same boat as you Brit when some are downloaded and installed. Maybe if we download episode one from the Plus section of the store instead of our download list under transaction management. Or did you try that?

No I didn't try that, I'll give it a go ne1.

I kind if want the same to happen to you too ne1, not becasue but just to make me realize I'm not going mad lol, let me know what happens.

I really appreciate your help with this, I'll report back when I have something, it will likely be tomorrow though not tonight.

Thanks buddy.

BRIT-KO

I understand. I kinda want it to happen too. That's why I am redownloading it. I'm about to install episode two. I'll post back if I can access it or not. I didn't get two free as a plus member. I bought the season pass before then.

<Edit> Good news Brit. It happened to me too. Smiley Very Happy Episode one is a Demo only. Other Episodes show purchased and installed but I can't play them because of episode one's status. I tried playing thru the demo to see if that would unlock the rest. No dice. Then I redownloaded the premium theme you get when you buy the Season pass to see if that would renew the pass or something. Still no joy. I'm at a loss for ideas now other than a call to customer service or TellTale Games. Episode one is only $4.99 and it's purchase should take care of the problem but I'm loathe to do that after spending $19.99 for the pass. I'm sure you are too. At least I already got my Plat for this game. Smiley Tongue But I'd still like access to play it again.

Thank you so much for this ne1, I really do appreciate your help with this.

I'm both annoyed & 'pleased' it's not just me though, I'm really quite annoyed about it, I really like/liked the game, got attached to the characters & only had the last episode to play t get the Plat!

It would 'annoy' me no end but i f I was 100% sure of the $4.99 episode taking care of the issue I may go for it, but I want to be certain first.

Again thank you, I'll close this Thread now as 'answered'.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 31 of 48 (297 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Apr 3, 2013

So TWD is now discounted for Plus members. I clicked on the Season Pass Icon. It still showed it wanted me to buy it but there was an option to download Season One: A new Day. I clicked on that and after entering my password the download began. This time it was a two part download. Exited the store and Episode One is in the download list. So is the Full game unlock. Paused Episode One and let the unlock download. Installed it and now TWD isn't showing it's a demo. Started a game while typing this and confirmed everything is back to normal. Go get your Platinum Brit. Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 48 (247 Views)
MVP Support
40006 posts

Apr 3, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

So TWD is now discounted for Plus members. I clicked on the Season Pass Icon. It still showed it wanted me to buy it but there was an option to download Season One: A new Day. I clicked on that and after entering my password the download began. This time it was a two part download. Exited the store and Episode One is in the download list. So is the Full game unlock. Paused Episode One and let the unlock download. Installed it and now TWD isn't showing it's a demo. Started a game while typing this and confirmed everything is back to normal. Go get your Platinum Brit. Smiley Very Happy

OH WOW, REALLY NE1, I CAN GO & PLAY THE FiNAL EPISODE & GET THAT PLAT, PLEASE TELL ME IT'S TRUE & NOT A LATE APRIL FOOL!!!

BRIT-KO

Message 33 of 48 (245 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Apr 3, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

OH WOW, REALLY NE1, I CAN GO & PLAY THE FiNAL EPISODE & GET THAT PLAT, PLEASE TELL ME IT'S TRUE & NOT A LATE APRIL FOOL!!!

BRIT-KO

Not an April Fool I promise. Click on the bundle icon then on the right you'll see The "game page" icon with episode one on it. Click ther and you'll have the download option. This time it has the unlock key. I promise you'll be able to play your other episodes. I wouldn't joke about this. That's too cruel. I did this on the PS3 in the Plus section. Check it out. It worked for me. I even have some saves thanks to the cloud.

Message 34 of 48 (243 Views)
MVP Support
40006 posts

Apr 3, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

BRIT-KO

Not an April Fool I promise. Click on the bundle icon then on the right you'll see The "game page" icon with episode one on it. Click ther and you'll have the download option. This time it has the unlock key. I promise you'll be able to play your other episodes. I wouldn't joke about this. That's too cruel. I did this on the PS3 in the Plus section. Check it out. It worked for me. I even have some saves thanks to the cloud.

As soon as my wife relinquishes the TV I'll be on there to try it out, I'll report back later this evening/tonight.

If I have nay issues I'll come back here too of PM you.

Thanks ne1.

BRIT-KO

Message 35 of 48 (239 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Although I never got the chance last night to actually play & get the Plat I did exactly what you said & I went to try it late last night just to see if it was all ok &....it took me straight to where I was up to, Episode 5, so later when I come home from work you know where I'll be, getting that Plat!

ne1, you're a star, thank you so much for all your help with this, you went over & beyond trying to help me with this, if you hadn't tried what you did I'd probably not have realized this at all.

Glad I gave you the correct answer for this on page 3, because you definitely deserve it now!

THANK YOU!

BRIT-KO

Message 36 of 48 (230 Views)
MVP Support
40006 posts

Apr 4, 2013

photo.JPG

BRIT-KO

Message 37 of 48 (224 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Apr 4, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

photo.JPG

BRIT-KO

I don't see the picture....Smiley Sad Glad it's working for you though. Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 48 (218 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Better?

BRIT-KO

Message 39 of 48 (212 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

Apr 5, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Better?

BRIT-KO

Much!!! Congratulations. Now will you be getting the new walking dead game too?

Message 40 of 48 (202 Views)
0 Likes