MVP Support
7210 posts

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play!!

Mar 11, 2013

I agree it is probably PS+ related, although I did not have any issues (yet, but I just finished it last night Smiley Happy).  I've purchased 2 games that were game trials first and they expired on me; I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened here.  I did play episodes 1+2 from PS+ but I got a new system shortly after and started all over (did not backup the saves), so perhaps that made a difference in my case.

Message 21 of 48 (446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 14, 2013
I have the same problem as BRIT but the thing is that it says Purchased for episodes 2-5 but I apparently don't have episode 1 nor the unlock key, I checked my download list and nothing is there I was ps+ member when I bought the season pass I don't think that's a reason but it can, It doesn't even say Purchased it says 19.99 and when I go to my transaction history it says redeemed $20 and then the next transaction says Walking Dead season pass 19.99 so I know I purchased it but it won't let me download other than episodes 2-5 and also in my services list it says Telltale's Walking Dead season pass... Idk :/
Message 22 of 48 (421 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Message 23 of 48 (396 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40519 posts

Mar 17, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

You still having trouble with this Brit?

YESSSSSSSSSS...!!!!

I'm so annoyed about it ne1, had just one more episode to play too & I REALLY liked the game, so so frustrating.

Got any ideas buddy, please say yes lol?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 24 of 48 (393 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Mar 18, 2013

I read thru the whole thread before but I forget, did you try deleting the game data?

Message 25 of 48 (381 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40519 posts

Mar 19, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

I read thru the whole thread before but I forget, did you try deleting the game data?

Yep, tried that buddy!

BRIT-KO

Message 26 of 48 (373 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I bought the season pass too after Episode One was given free for Plus members. I played thru all five episodes. That game has since been deleted from my hard drive. My plus membership has never lapsed either. I'm going to redownload and install it and see if I have the same issue. In the meantime the only thing I can think of to try right now is playing thru episode one again or at least start to. I know it's time consuming but if it lets you choose Episode Five afterwards it would be worthi it right?

Message 27 of 48 (364 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I just went to the store to see if I can redownload the season pass. It wants me to repurchase it. I then went thru my download list and began redownloading all 5 episodes. I'll post back if I'm in the same boat as you Brit when some are downloaded and installed. Maybe if we download episode one from the Plus section of the store instead of our download list under transaction management. Or did you try that?

Message 28 of 48 (360 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40519 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

I just went to the store to see if I can redownload the season pass. It wants me to repurchase it. I then went thru my download list and began redownloading all 5 episodes. I'll post back if I'm in the same boat as you Brit when some are downloaded and installed. Maybe if we download episode one from the Plus section of the store instead of our download list under transaction management. Or did you try that?

No I didn't try that, I'll give it a go ne1.

I kind if want the same to happen to you too ne1, not becasue but just to make me realize I'm not going mad lol, let me know what happens.

I really appreciate your help with this, I'll report back when I have something, it will likely be tomorrow though not tonight.

Thanks buddy.

BRIT-KO

Message 29 of 48 (354 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

No I didn't try that, I'll give it a go ne1.

I kind if want the same to happen to you too ne1, not becasue but just to make me realize I'm not going mad lol, let me know what happens.

I really appreciate your help with this, I'll report back when I have something, it will likely be tomorrow though not tonight.

Thanks buddy.

BRIT-KO

I understand. I kinda want it to happen too. That's why I am redownloading it. I'm about to install episode two. I'll post back if I can access it or not. I didn't get two free as a plus member. I bought the season pass before then.

<Edit> Good news Brit. It happened to me too. Smiley Very Happy Episode one is a Demo only. Other Episodes show purchased and installed but I can't play them because of episode one's status. I tried playing thru the demo to see if that would unlock the rest. No dice. Then I redownloaded the premium theme you get when you buy the Season pass to see if that would renew the pass or something. Still no joy. I'm at a loss for ideas now other than a call to customer service or TellTale Games. Episode one is only $4.99 and it's purchase should take care of the problem but I'm loathe to do that after spending $19.99 for the pass. I'm sure you are too. At least I already got my Plat for this game. Smiley Tongue But I'd still like access to play it again.

Message 30 of 48 (224 Views)
0 Likes