Mar 10 2013
By: BRIT-KO Shinra Executive 36045 posts
Accepted Solution

The Walking Dead, cannot play - RESOLVED TYVM NE1!!

[ Edited ]
47 replies 806 views Edited Apr 4, 2013

Hey guys, I have a question about The Walking Dead, I wasn't sure where to put this, so Moderators please feel free to move at your own discretion.

Ok for the last couple of days I have been playing The Walking Dead series working my way through the 5 Episodes, I finished completing Episode 4 last night around 11pm, came back to my PS3 this afternoon & it will only let me start playing from Episode 1!

I originally had Season 1 for free from PS Plus, I purchased last week the Season Pass, I download all episodes & have as I said been playing them, however as you can see from the image below  not only is it is showing that Season 1 is not installed & that Season 2-5 are, it is also showing the Season Pass is not purchased when it is.

It's like I never played the episodes!

I was hoping to come back today to finish the game & get the Platinum, but it's not letting me.

The only thing that is different is that the clocks changed last night & I reset my PS3's time correctly a short while ago, I could be wrong however I don't think this is linked to my issue, also when I went into my Plus Saves it wouldn't let me copy the save, it says I have to wait 24 hours, I only went there thinking that might help me out.

All my trophies are intact & it shows all trophies earned for Episodes 1 - 4.

If anyone can assist me with this I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

BRIT-KO

photo.JPG

Message 1 of 48 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: The Walking Dead, cannot play!!

Mar 10, 2013

sounds like it may have just got corrupted somehow,you may need to delete and reinstall and see it that helps..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 2 of 48 (797 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36045 posts

Mar 10, 2013

kythunder wrote:

sounds like it may have just got corrupted somehow,you may need to delete and reinstall and see it that helps..

Yea I was tempted to try that, maybe I will & see what happens.

Thanks.

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 48 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

The same issue occurred to my brother a couple of months ago and I was able to assist him rather quickly. The reason you can no longer play is because you installed episode 1 unlock (and episode 2) from PlayStation Plus and you are no longer a PlayStation Plus member. If you purchased the season pass it should have included episode 1 unlock (and episode 2), if you reinstall episode 1 unlock (and episode 2) or simply renew your PlayStation Plus membership you should be able to play everything again. The issue is caused because episode 1 is technically a demo with an unlock code and all the other episodes (2-5) are DLC addons. So either redownload episode 1 unlock (and episode 2) via your season pass (from the PlayStation Store) or just renew your PlayStation Plus membership and you won't have to redownload anything. If you don't own the rights to episode 1 unlock (and 2), it will not load your saved data or the DLC. Once your PlayStation Plus membership expires the unlock code has expired for episode 1 and therefore reverts to the demo, and episode 2 is also disabled. I hope I was able to help.

UPDATE: I just remembered, episode 2 was also included via PlayStation Plus, so you'll also have to redownload episode 2 as well. Make sure you redownload the unlock for episode 1 rather than the demo AKA episode 1. I updated the information above to reflect this. As I stated before, the simplest resolution would be simply renewing your PlayStation Plus membership.

Message 4 of 48 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36045 posts

Mar 11, 2013

drakestefani wrote:

The same issue occurred to my brother a couple of months ago and I was able to assist him rather quickly. The reason you can no longer play is because you installed episode 1 unlock (and episode 2) from PlayStation Plus and you are no longer a PlayStation Plus member. If you purchased the season pass it should have included episode 1 unlock (and episode 2), if you reinstall episode 1 unlock (and episode 2) or simply renew your PlayStation Plus membership you should be able to play everything again. The issue is caused because episode 1 is technically a demo with an unlock code and all the other episodes (2-5) are DLC addons. So either redownload episode 1 unlock (and episode 2) via your season pass (from the PlayStation Store) or just renew your PlayStation Plus membership and you won't have to redownload anything. If you don't own the rights to episode 1 unlock (and 2), it will not load your saved data or the DLC. Once your PlayStation Plus membership expires the unlock code has expired for episode 1 and therefore reverts to the demo, and episode 2 is also disabled. I hope I was able to help.

UPDATE: I just remembered, episode 2 was also included via PlayStation Plus, so you'll also have to redownload episode 2 as well. Make sure you redownload the unlock for episode 1 rather than the demo AKA episode 1. I updated the information above to reflect this. As I stated before, the simplest resolution would be simply renewing your PlayStation Plus membership.

Thank you for the reponse, it is much appreciated.

I'm a little confused still though, my Plus membership never expired & is still valid, I have been a subsriber since day one & continue to be to this day.

BRIT-KO

Message 5 of 48 (778 Views)
PlayStation MVP
51400 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Brit did you try putting the daylight savings setting back to how it was before?   I doubt this will work but its worth a shot.

I wouldn't want to replay all 4 chapters, I hope it works out!

Message 6 of 48 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Obviously someone upstairs hates you, BRIT. Not being allowed to play episode 5? You must have done something absolutely appalling to have this punishment handed down...
Message 7 of 48 (765 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Mar 11, 2013
I've noticed with DLC and unlock codes that their expiration date doesn't update/renew properly when you extend/renew your plus membership. Games do the same thing, but they'll automatically renew after they expire.

Example: Hypothetically, I have a 1 year membership which expires 1-1-13 and I download PlayStation Plus content. The expiration date will remain 1-1-13 even if I buy another year. However, once the content expires on 1-1-13 and you attempt to launch it, it will then (individually) check your PlayStation Plus expiration (under services) and renew the content to the new 1-1-14 expiration date. That works for games, but DLC and unlock codes don't seem to follow that pattern. Therefore they must be redownloaded to renew their expiration date. It's an issue Sony needs to address with their PlayStation Plus service.
Message 8 of 48 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36045 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Ok, here's where I'm at guys...

Changed daylight savings back, no difference, yes worth a try PP.

I deleted the game data yesterday & re-downloaded all seasons 1-5 last night.

The game is now showing as a Demo only!!!!!

It shows I have all 5 seasons installed & I have earned 80% of the trophies, basically all trophies for Ep 1 thru 4.

When launching the game it is asking me if I want to buy the season pass, but I've already purchased it, it is in my Transaction Management under my services list, it says Walking Dead Season pass, there are though no options to re-install the season pass, unless I'm missing something?

I did (against my better judgement lol) re-subscribe to PS Plus & so my subscription has been active throughout, although art of me is still wondering if the re-subscribing did something?

Ask away with any questions you may have, I may have missed something or done something stupid, it has been known lol!!

Should I be able to re-download the Season Pass, if so from where, it say's it's installed already?!?!

Anyone please, pretty please with sprinkles on top?

FRUSTRATED BRIT-KO Smiley Sad.

Message 9 of 48 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Did you make sure to download and install the unlock for episode 1 AKA the demo?
Message 10 of 48 (757 Views)
0 Likes