Reply
Jan 08 2014
By: fedesonico82 First Son 3 posts
Offline

The PS4 plus is not recognized

5 replies 192 views Edited Jan 8, 2014

I am from Argentina. I have just installed my PS4. I tried with the code for Playstation Plus that come with the PS4 and it says is not valid, and the I tried with a one year membership I bought and it also doesn´t work. Do you know why is this?

Message 1 of 6 (192 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
44293 posts
 

Re: The PS4 plus is not recognized

Jan 9, 2014

Welcome to the PlayStation Community for the USA.

 


fedesonico82 wrote:

I am from Argentina. I have just installed my PS4. I tried with the code for Playstation Plus that come with the PS4 and it says is not valid, and the I tried with a one year membership I bought and it also doesn´t work. Do you know why is this?


Was your PS4 purchased from Argentina?

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 2 of 6 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/08/2014
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: The PS4 plus is not recognized

Jan 9, 2014

No, I bought the PS4 in the U.S. and the playstation plus codes are from the U.S. too.

Message 3 of 6 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
44293 posts
 

Re: The PS4 plus is not recognized

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

fedesonico82 wrote:

No, I bought the PS4 in the U.S. and the playstation plus codes are from the U.S. too.


Ok thanks for that.

 

Is your PSN Account set to the USA or Argentina? If it's set the the latter that's why the code(s) are not working, they're for the US only.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 4 of 6 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/08/2014
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: The PS4 plus is not recognized

Jan 9, 2014

Thanks for the information

Can I setup the PSN to the U.S.?

I already bought a 50 dollars membership and I don´t want to loose that money.

Message 5 of 6 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
44293 posts
 

Re: The PS4 plus is not recognized

Jan 9, 2014

fedesonico82 wrote:

Thanks for the information

Can I setup the PSN to the U.S.?

I already bought a 50 dollars membership and I don´t want to loose that money.


You can't change the country or region once an acount is set up, however you can create a new account for another country, in this case the USA.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 6 of 6 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes