Highlighted
Oct 05 2012
By: TriP6963 Monster Hunter 43 posts
Accepted Solution

Starhawk single player not installing?

2 replies 287 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

I have downloaded the file three times and every time the file corrupts during the install at 14%.  What's going on?  I checked the download during the last one and up 55% it downloaded full speed.  I then paused it and continued the download at night where it finished the download without any problems.  But still corrupted file with an error code 80029564.   This is bull- I have already wasted over 30 GB of my 200 GB download limit on this file.

This is a repost from the Plus forums to tech forums as this is coming off as a tech issue. 

Anyone have a solution?

Message 1 of 3 (287 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29381 posts

Re: Starhawk single player not installing?

Oct 5, 2012

The Playstation Store download protocol does not check the file for errors during the download.  Downloaded files are checked for errors when you install them.  As the PS3 doesn't check for errors during the download, it can't correct errors during the download either.  That means that for full PS3 games, your Internet connection must be virtually error-free in order to download the game successfully.  Not everyone's is, which is why large PS3 games are still available on disk.  The Playstation Store terms of service state that it is your responsibility to know whether or not your Internet connection can handle downloading a particular piece of Playstation Store content.  You aren't entitled to a refund (which wouldn't apply in this case anyway), if you are unable to download content that you purchased because your Internet connection quality isn't high enough; which does happen sometimes.  Generally there is nothing that you can do about it, except to report it to your ISP; and maybe change ISPs if you have a choice.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Re: Starhawk single player not installing?

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I've downloaded Rachet and Clank All 4 One and Infamous 2 on this internet connection, on my old PS3... and recently I re-downloaded 11 other full PS3 games.  Starhawk shouldn't be so much of a problem.  Anyways hopefully it installs proper, re-downloading the file a forth time and keeping my fingers crossed.

UPDATE: 4th time download finally worked.  Guess I was just having some bad luck with the internet for this game been downloading other stuff and everything was installing.  Anyways stoked that the game downloaded keen on playing this one.

Message 3 of 3 (270 Views)
0 Likes