Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: So Sony pretty much just stole money from me

Aug 30, 2013

so are you saying that when plus launched in 2010 you could have it on a subaccount?

when did they change the rule?

Message 21 of 50 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
67 posts

Aug 30, 2013

hello everyone just wanted to introce myself i am new to the forum so i fig i would say hello to everyone and home to talk soon tc thanx

photo image1_zps82783887.gif
Message 22 of 50 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Yes, I had Plus on my sub account since 2010. They must have just changed it recently.

Message 23 of 50 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Aug 30, 2013
All I can say is keep at it and dont give up. They will cave in on something to compensate you.
the hero's name is shinobi if u dont know you should know me

Get your Portable ID!
Message 24 of 50 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 30, 2013

are you certain you had a sub account this thread from 2010 says you cant have plus on a sub account

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Master-SubAccount/td-p/22419500

Message 25 of 50 (267 Views)
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Yes...

Message 26 of 50 (263 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29443 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

Is this thread still going? 

Yes, in 2010 PSN sub-accounts could subscribe to Plus.  They can't anymore.  Why? Simple.  All of the free games that Sony offered to Plus subscribers when Plus launched were T-rated, so they were available to all PSN members.  After a year or so, Sony realized that allowing sub-accounts to subscribe to Plus meant that it could only provide T-rated games to subscribers.  Many subscribers wanted M-rated games, and for Sony being limited to T-rated games was too limiting.  As a result, Sony stopped allowing sub-accounts to subscribe to Plus.  Sub-accounts could keep their existing subscriptions until they expired; but they are not permitted to renew, or purchase new subscriptions. Sony isn't going to change its mind, for the reason I just explained.  Just forget about that.  If you want Plus content, you will have to subscribe using a master account.  Your sub-account can use any games and DLC that the master account installs on your console, so it really should not be a problem.

GKP
Message 27 of 50 (242 Views)
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Aug 31, 2013

That once again, makes absolutely no sense. Sony can EASILY make it so sub accounts under 18 can only download T-rated games. I was over 18 when I first bought PS Plus, therefore I should not pay the price for a screw up Sony made earlier. And I asked 2 Sony reps about being able to get Plus on my master account and get all the games I downloaded before, and they said no, I can't get them.

Message 28 of 50 (233 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29443 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Yes. Sony could restrict downloads of M-rated games by sub-accounts, and would have to do so under ESRB voluntary compliance guidelines.  But in that case, sub-accounts that subscribed to Plus would be getting significantly fewer games than other subscribers, while paying the same amount; and believe you me, there is no doubt that we would have to read a thread complaining about that.  Sony would have to create a different Plus subscription for sub-accounts, or at least charge sub-accounts a different price.  Could Sony do that? Yes.  Will Sony do that?  Probably not.  There were probably never enough sub-accounts subscribing to Plus to make it worth the bother. Sony isn't obligated to offer anything to anyone on PSN, and that includes Plus subscriptions.  You don't have any right to subscribe to Plus.  It is totally up to Sony as to whether it chooses to offer it to you.  Right now Sony doesn't choose to offer Plus to sub-accounts. That's Sony's call. No one else's opinion really matters.  The fact that you had it before, does not entitle you to have it in the future; or any other consideration in lieu of the subscription.

The fact that you had a subscription on your sub-account before does not grant you any special rights or privileges.  Playstation Plus subscriptions can't be transferred from one account to another.  That applies to all PSN accounts.  Sub-accounts are no different or special.  Once your Plus subscription expires, you forfeit access to any games that you got free with your subscription immediately. That is what the license agreement states. Sony provides a grace period during which you can renew your subscription (on eligible accounts) and recover what was removed from your downloads list, but that is entirely Sony's choice.  Sony is giving you back something that you already gave up under the license agreement, just to make you happy.  You don't have any right to the grace period, so Sony certainly does not have to let you transfer the grace period to a different account.  Sony doesn't allow that, and it is under no obligation to do so.  That, is that. Arguing on the forums, or with customer support, won't change anything.  The policy decisions are made much higher up in the SCEA management chain; by people that don't have to listen to you, or justify their decisions to you.  Sorry, but that is the way it is.   

GKP
Message 29 of 50 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2013

You can kiss Sonys **bleep** as much as you want. You can defend their "legal" right to steal my money all you want. That does not change the fact they stole my money. I used to be like you. A huge Sony fan. I would blindly defend them too, but no matter how much you feel the need to defend them, you know they are wrong in this case. It IS people like you who say "deal with it" and "it's not Sonys problem" when people are screwed over, and do not support that person, so that companies like Sony continue to screw over people and get away with it. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Message 30 of 50 (222 Views)
0 Likes