Lombax Warrior
268 posts

Re: So Sony pretty much just stole money from me

Aug 29, 2013

They said I will lose all the games I've gotten over the 2 years if I get Plus on my master account.

Message 11 of 50 (288 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44730 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Have you checked your PM's asuggested by Tempest above, if not do so now.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 12 of 50 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
268 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Yes, I'm talking to him.

Message 13 of 50 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Israel1948 wrote:

When I first got my PS3, I made an account (which was a master account). I didn't like the username of that account, so I made a new one. I made that account a sub account of the first account without realizing it. At first there really wasn't much of a difference between the two other than needing to put money on the master account so I could buy stuff on the sub account (which isn't a bad thing if you thought about it since if my sub account gets stolen, they can't get my credit card info). So I just continue on playing on that account. 5 years later, and 5,000 trophies later I buy PS Plus. I have this for 2 years, and my subscription ran out earlier this month so I went to resubscribe, and I bought a 3 month PS Plus card and I got an error code. I called up and they said it was maintenance, and to try again every few hours. Still happened. I called the next day and they said to take a picture of the receipt and the back of the card and send it to a certain PlayStation email to make sure everything is right. It said they would email me back in 3 - 5 days. It was 7 days later and never got an email. I called them up and they said they would refund me, and they put the money on my master account instead of sub account, which at first wasn't a problem because that's how I buy stuff on my sub account anyway. I try to buy PS Plus from the store, and I got an error, this time without numbers. This was two days ago. I call up and they said the store was under maintenance (again) and to try every few hours. Still didn't work. Call up today, and they say I'm getting the error because sub accounts can't use PS Plus anymore because of "security reasons". So I'm incredibly **bleep** off because I have 2 years worth of games I've downloaded from Plus so I talk to the supervisor and tell him how I paid for it for 2 years and now I can't play them, and they said there's nothing they can do. They said I agreed to the terms when I made the sub account and when I updated my PS3 with the firmware update that blocked sub accounts from using PS Plus. So I asked how I would be able to play online on my sub account on the PS4 since you need Plus to do it, and he said to check the PS Blog to see if they say anything about it. So a word of advice, if you're on a sub account and you have PS Plus don't let your subscription run out.

Yep another great story of how sony is for the gamer. *sarcasm*

I keep telling people sony doesn't care about us the customer. Yeah they want our money but providing us a great product or at least try and help resolve the problems. How is resolving problems the main concern for all customer care anywhere, yet sony passes the buck. For too long I have seen stories like this. And yes it may be a small percentage of the total population. Still doesnt matter, the customer is always right.!!!!!

And you wonder why people are not rushing out to get the ps4. I learned my lesson with the ps3 and will never do that again. Until sony man's up, I say don't trust them for anything. Word of advice before you give them a buck people you better find out about the network. Seems awful strange that this news is kept from everyone and any time someone mentions this in the forums the mods lock the thread??????????

Message 14 of 50 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Gotta read the fine print. They give you an summary of what changed before you did the update. Then they ask do you agree to these terms and conditions and you clicked yes. Now it seems you want to change that agreement. That's the way they see it. I'm not saying it's fair but it is legal. 

the hero's name is shinobi if u dont know you should know me

Get your Portable ID!
Message 15 of 50 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Sony is holding me hostage. Either I accept the firmware update blocking me from using a service I paid for and be able to play online, or not accept the firmware update and not be able to play online. If I don't accept the firmware update, I can't use PS Plus anyway since it requires online. That's hardly an instance where I have an option.

Message 16 of 50 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Israel1948 wrote:

Sony is holding me hostage. Either I accept the firmware update blocking me from using a service I paid for and be able to play online, or not accept the firmware update and not be able to play online. If I don't accept the firmware update, I can't use PS Plus anyway since it requires online. That's hardly an instance where I have an option.

dude no kidding, sony sure has changed a lot of things with the updates and the ps3. I tell ya sony is clueless. How is it the ps3 ran smoother and then updates it locks up, freezes etc....? Sony sucks at times and the worse part is they will never accept blame... Not once have they and I am sure will never do in the future.

Message 17 of 50 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 29, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Israel1948 wrote:

dude no kidding, sony sure has changed a lot of things with the updates and the ps3. I tell ya sony is clueless. How is it the ps3 ran smoother and then updates it locks up, freezes etc....? Sony sucks at times and the worse part is they will never accept blame... Not once have they and I am sure will never do in the future.

I think they did for 4.45 update they admited it had issues and pulled it from the server

Message 18 of 50 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Sony states in TOS the rules you must follow to keep your PLUS and PLUS Games active. You are required to upgrade your firmware to the latest to play. This ensure that hacked ps3s cant get on line and cause probles such as in game cheating an oother bad things . Its not set up to upset any customers at all. Sony is trying to ensure that no un authorized PS3 gets on line and also make sure no one is running harmful software on a modded PS3that could either damage the PSN Servers or cheat in games or steal your personal information. By all PS3 having the newest firmware it ensures all the PS3s are legit.

Message 19 of 50 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

That still does not explain why I can't still use PS Plus. If they want to stop PS3s from being hacked, taking away PS Plus doesn't help do that. Why should I pay (literally) for what a few bad people do? They are infact losing money now. I didn't consent to giving up my freedom to use a service I paid for for security.

Message 20 of 50 (186 Views)
0 Likes