Aug 29 2013
By: Israel1948 Lombax Warrior 263 posts

So Sony pretty much just stole money from me

[ Edited ]
49 replies 580 views Edited Sep 3, 2013

When I first got my PS3, I made an account which was a master account. I didn't like the username of that account, so I made a new one. I made a new account, which for some reason became a sub account of that master account I made earlier. At first there really wasn't much of a difference between the two other than needing to put money on the master account so I could buy stuff on the sub account (which isn't a bad thing if you thought about it since if my sub account gets stolen, they can't get my credit card info). So I just continue on playing on that account. Years later, and thousands of trophies later I buy PS Plus. I have this for 2 years, and my subscription ran out earlier last month so I went to resubscribe, and I bought a 3 month PS Plus card and I got an error code. I called up and they said it was maintenance, and to try again every few hours. Still happened.

I called the next day and they said to take a picture of the receipt and the back of the card and send it to a certain PlayStation email to make sure everything is right. It said they would email me back in 3 - 5 days. It was 7 days later and never got an email. I called them up and they said they would refund me, and they put the money on my master account instead of sub account, which at first wasn't a problem because that's how I buy stuff on my sub account anyway. I try to buy PS Plus from the store, and I got an error, this time without numbers. This was two days ago. I call up and they said the store was under maintenance (again) and to try every few hours. Still didn't work. Call up today, and they say I'm getting the error because sub accounts can't use PS Plus anymore because of "security reasons". So I'm incredibly **bleep** off because I have 2 years worth of games I've downloaded from Plus so I talk to the supervisor and tell him how I paid for it for 2 years and now I can't play them, and they said there's nothing they can do. They said that I can use my PS Plus card on my master account and play all the games I've downloaded on my sub, yet I cannot do that.

After a few days, I decide to call them again, and I just got off  the phone with Sony and they say that everything says the account is a master account, but it shows it's a sub accout on my end, yet I am able was able to purchase PS Plus which they now said sub accounts were NEVER able to do, yet I am still able to fully use PS Home which isn't even allowed on sub accounts, or at the very least, heavily restricted. They said I created the account in 2008, and my birthday showed I was over 18 by the time I made the account, so it should have automatically been made as a master account and it was a glitch on their end. I asked them if there's a way they can change my account to a master account, and they said there's nothing they can do, which is completely ridiculous because it's Sonys fault. I am seriously thinking about taking Sony at least to small claims court to get back the about $100+ I paid for PS Plus because I agreed to the TOS and they are the ones who messed up and failed to resolve the issue. It honestly should not be that ****ing hard to just click the mouse, and change my sub account to a master account. And if they have no way to do it, it probably shouldn't even be that hard to make it so they can do it. The incompetence of Sony is just ridiculous.

Message 2 of 50 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

So Sony pretty much just stole money from me.

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Message 1 of 50 (536 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: So Sony pretty much just stole money from me

Aug 29, 2013

Check your PMs.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 3 of 50 (554 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: So Sony pretty much just stole money from me.

Aug 29, 2013

for the PS4 as long as your master account has plus your sub account can play online

Message 4 of 50 (527 Views)
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Re: So Sony pretty much just stole money from me.

Aug 29, 2013

I still lost the 118 dollars and the two years worth of games.

Message 5 of 50 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Israel1948 wrote:

When I first got my PS3, I made an account (which was a master account). I didn't like the username of that account, so I made a new one. I made that account a sub account of the first account without realizing it. At first there really wasn't much of a difference between the two other than needing to put money on the master account so I could buy stuff on the sub account (which isn't a bad thing if you thought about it since if my sub account gets stolen, they can't get my credit card info). So I just continue on playing on that account. 5 years later, and 5,000 trophies later I buy PS Plus. I have this for 2 years, and my subscription ran out earlier this month so I went to resubscribe, and I bought a 3 month PS Plus card and I got an error code. I called up and they said it was maintenance, and to try again every few hours. Still happened. I called the next day and they said to take a picture of the receipt and the back of the card and send it to a certain PlayStation email to make sure everything is right. It said they would email me back in 3 - 5 days. It was 7 days later and never got an email. I called them up and they said they would refund me, and they put the money on my master account instead of sub account, which at first wasn't a problem because that's how I buy stuff on my sub account anyway. I try to buy PS Plus from the store, and I got an error, this time without numbers. This was two days ago. I call up and they said the store was under maintenance (again) and to try every few hours. Still didn't work. Call up today, and they say I'm getting the error because sub accounts can't use PS Plus anymore because of "security reasons". So I'm incredibly **bleep** off because I have 2 years worth of games I've downloaded from Plus so I talk to the supervisor and tell him how I paid for it for 2 years and now I can't play them, and they said there's nothing they can do. They said I agreed to the terms when I made the sub account and when I updated my PS3 with the firmware update that blocked sub accounts from using PS Plus. So I asked how I would be able to play online on my sub account on the PS4 since you need Plus to do it, and he said to check the PS Blog to see if they say anything about it. So a word of advice, if you're on a sub account and you have PS Plus don't let your subscription run out.

I don't think you know what the term steal means. They didn't steal your money. 

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan.
Message 6 of 50 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Let's see. I paid 118 dollars for a service. And now they are not letting me access that service. I'd say that's the definition of stealing.

Message 7 of 50 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Israel1948 wrote:

Let's see. I paid 118 dollars for a service. And now they are not letting me access that service. I'd say that's the definition of stealing.

sounds more like changing the service

Message 8 of 50 (516 Views)
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Changing the service =/= blocking certain people from using that service even if they paid for it without even a valid reason. "Security reasons" isn't a valid reason. I asked what the "security reason" was, and they said "we can't talk about it for security reasons".

Message 9 of 50 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Israel1948 wrote:

Changing the service =/= blocking certain people from using that service even if they paid for it without even a valid reason. "Security reasons" isn't a valid reason. I asked what the "security reason" was, and they said "we can't talk about it for security reasons".

did you ask them if you suscribe to plus on the master if that will renew the expire dates on the plus games downloaded when it was on the subaccount?

Message 10 of 50 (484 Views)
0 Likes