Highlighted
Nov 23 2012
By: jimmytherock First Son 1 posts

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition chapter 5-1 error

2 replies 457 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Hi my son has been playing RE5GE the free playstion plus download and once he goes through a door in Chapter 5-1 he gets an error saying to delete the gold edition in the game data section. Anyone else having this problem?  Im just starting my second year with ps plus and I'm really quite disappointed.  Yes there has been a few games that are free that are worth downloading but for some other reason I can download the larger files but when it comes to installing them forget it error code every time. You can imagine the smile on my face when RE5 actually downloaded and installled.

Message 1 of 3 (457 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition chapter 5-1 error

Nov 23, 2012

I've never heard of that problem but why not do as it says and delete the game data? It's safe to do so you won't lose any progress. That's "Game Data" not "Save Data".

Message 2 of 3 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7034 posts

Re: Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition chapter 5-1 error

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

The OP has a crap ISP or wireless so Likely Still had Damaged Data files, The Clue is that All the others games Were not installing.

The 14% and 40% error Failures are normaly ISP Data transfer Damage.

This comes from ISP traffic management dropping data.

Untill the PS3 is MOVED to a new location with a different ISP and hardwired. The OP will likely continue to have install errors...

See this topic.... for other users effected.  

http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/PSN-Store-Installation-at-14/m-p/38...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/A-FIX-FOR-Software-install-error-code-8...     

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 3 of 3 (448 Views)
0 Likes