Highlighted
Oct 03 2013
By: Fozillamirefoxx First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Redeem a playstation plus code without credit card information??

28 replies 87474 views Edited Oct 3, 2013

HEY, is it possible to redeem a code for 30 days playstation plus?

if i enter the code, it always wanna know my credit card informations   : /

Message 1 of 29 (87,474 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Re: Redeem a playstation plus code without credit card information??

Oct 3, 2013

That's a security measure. I sometimes have to re-input my card information as well to get into the Store.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 2 of 29 (87,473 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Oct 3, 2013

well, is there no way to bypass this? i mean i dont want my bank account get hijack if sony gets hacked next time Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 29 (87,471 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10911 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2013

Fozillamirefoxx wrote:

well, is there no way to bypass this? i mean i dont want my bank account get hijack if sony gets hacked next time Smiley Very Happy

For the 30-day Free Trial, yes, a credit card is required (since the subscription automatically renews at the end of the 30 days, unless you disable it in settings).  For the PS+ subscription cards (3 month & 12 month), a credit card is NOT required.  There is no way around this.

This is why I never, ever use a debit card for an online transaction.  Credit card companies have processes in place to allow you to cancel illegitimate charges to the card (stolen card/number) and issue you a new card.  Debit cards generally do not have this protection.

Message 4 of 29 (87,460 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Oct 3, 2013

No.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 5 of 29 (87,459 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Oct 3, 2013

you can remove your CC info imediately after the 30 day code is redeemed

I know when online shopping first started people were iffy about using a CC online but if its a reputable company its not more risky to using you CC online than it is by handing it to a vendor in person

Message 6 of 29 (87,451 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28819 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2013

The Visa and Mastercard network merchant contracts require all merchants that store credit card information to encrypt it wherever it is stored.  There is no evidence that any credit card information was lost in previous PSN security incidents, nor was it ever likely that it would be.  All PSN trial subscriptions, including Playstation Plus and Music Unlimited, require that a valid credit card be registered with the account as a form of payment when the code is redeemed.  The credit card information can be deleted from the account profile immediately afterwards, but that doesn't necessarily result in its immediate removal from Sony's servers.

By the way, according to law enforcement studies, your credit card information is more likely to be stolen when you use your credit card in person at a retailer that doesn't use a payment processor installed card terminal, than it is if you use your credit card on a corporate site like PSN.  

GKP
Message 7 of 29 (87,436 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 9, 2013
Does anybody know that this is true for a 100% fact, as I have contacted Sony and a person on their online chat support said a credit card is required, but @AskPlaystation said "In most cases, yes. There have been some PS Plus vouchers in the past that did not require a credit card, but most do." Maybe you used to not need a credit card but in a new terms agreement they made it where you do
Message 8 of 29 (86,881 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6918 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Delta080 wrote:
Does anybody know that this is true for a 100% fact, as I have contacted Sony and a person on their online chat support said a credit card is required, but @AskPlaystation said "In most cases, yes. There have been some PS Plus vouchers in the past that did not require a credit card, but most do." Maybe you used to not need a credit card but in a new terms agreement they made it where you do

It seems to me like you already answered your own question Smiley Wink.  If it asks for a credit card, it's required, but not all codes (e.g., those you purchase) will require it.

Message 9 of 29 (86,834 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2013

He question been trying to redeem a year PS plus code and it keeps giving me error (E-82000102)

I used other $10 codes and they worked fine PS plus is the only thing wrong with my ps4

Message 10 of 29 (84,870 Views)
0 Likes