Fender Bender
3978 posts

Re: RE5: GE PS+ free error

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

You can remove items from your cart. As you look at the item displayed in the cart, you should notice a tiny box with a white X just off to the side of the upper-left corner of the respective item. Navigate to that X with your analog stick and you can select to remove the item from your cart.

I was able to remove RE5 from my cart initially, once it appeared I would be charged for the download. None of my Plus subscriber friends had any answers but I confirmed with several sources, including the PS Blog, that RE5 would be free for Plus members. So I added it back to my cart.

At that point I proceeded with the "purchase." With the redesign in place, I wasn't sure if I would get to some eventual screen that said "hey, you've got Plus so this is gonna be free." No such luck, however.

Customer service note: If you have been charged as a Plus subscriber, be sure to specify with the representative if you want a refund to your credit card. Otherwise the default appears to be a simple $29.99 credit to your PSN wallet. But once your Plus account is determined to be valid (still takes 10-15 days), you will have the option of either a full refund or a store credit.

Further, I asked for a store credit of $20 in addition to the full refund. I'm not some bank who wants to lend Sony thirty bucks for two weeks. The representative on the phone acknowledged that, and I suggest that other Plus subscribers who have been charged do the same thing.

<Community Manager edit: 

Made a post on this topic; you can read it here: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus-Support/Issues-with-Being-Charged-for-Free-P...

It's in this forum space and I've floated it to the top for all users. > 

Message 11 of 15 (562 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I had this problem too. It say on screen Plus members must download the trial and it'll then become the full game. Read the screen instead of just continuing. Download the trial.

Message 12 of 15 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Its working now. Yesterday I could not remove this from the cart at all. So just now I was finally able to X it out. I then put back in my cart and it was zero for plus members. So everyone back in the water the shark is gone or whatever lol

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 13 of 15 (539 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 9, 2012
I'm a + member as well and I'm very upset that I was charged for a game I'm told is clearly free. To kake things worse, the person I talked to told me that a refund is not definate. I own re5 on disc 2 . # Sony fail
Message 14 of 15 (495 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Nov 15, 2012

<Community Manager edit: 

Made a post on this topic; you can read it here: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus-Support/Issues-with-Being-Charged-for-Free-P...

It's in this forum space and I've floated it to the top for all users. > 

Message 15 of 15 (469 Views)
0 Likes