Highlighted
Oct 05 2012
By: Kira_Doom12 First Son 3 posts

Question on Plus,

3 replies 547 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

Hello i have a simple question for you guys. Does the PS3 have to be turn on for it to auto update? I'm at a friends house for 4 Day's notice my cloud save didn't recently updated one of my files and was hoping it update next day while i not at my house. and how long will it take to show the newly update file? and  do i need to be log off my PSN account for it to do the update ?

Message 1 of 4 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Re: Question on Plus,

Oct 5, 2012

If say you have the automatic update go live between a time when you're not around (or sleeping), that's really the best way to get it done. You should not be using the system while the update is in progress. Though, it doesn't matter if you happen to disturb the update and then play a game or whatever, just as long as you plan to shut the system off when you're done (it'll have to be done eventually).

The way the automatic update works though is that the system will automatically power on/shut off by itself and then proceed to install files (PSN games, for example). The files will then be set for you automatically, and when you next turn on the system all should be in place. It's essentially a system to save each user time from installing files themselves.

Message 2 of 4 (542 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 5, 2012

So to get my updated save file from cloud i just gotta wait for my PS3 thats set to time to update my updated file to cloud then i should be able to play?

Message 3 of 4 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Pretty much. The PlayStation 3 will nab firmware downloads as well as demos and oher games in the Queue that you're looking to install. Arranging a time when you're off the system makes it do these installs by its lonesome so that you don't have to.

Message 4 of 4 (520 Views)
0 Likes