Feb 08 2013
By: NairdaEkol120 First Son 2 posts

Question about after Playstation Plus membership expires.

8 replies 223 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

So I read the terms of service. 

Type 2. You will no longer be able to access and use the following PlayStation Plus Elements after your Subscription Period expires, even if you downloaded them before expiry:

• PlayStation Network games
  • PS one® games
  • minis
  • Premium game elements

My question is about "PlayStation Network games". 
Example:

Limbo

• PSN Game

Little Big Planet 2

• Full Game

I understand I won't be able to access Limbo when my membership expires, but what about Little Big Planet 2? I am confused, since it's stated that it is a "full game", unlike the latter one which is a "PSN Game". Hope someone could  clear this up for me. Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
271 posts

Re: Question about after Playstation Plus membership expires.

Feb 8, 2013
PSN games mean games in general.
Message 2 of 9 (216 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Oh well... (chokes) Thanks for replying.... (cries)

Message 3 of 9 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 30, 2013

It's nothing to worry about really, you can renew your subscription and all games you've had gotten before will be available again to play. It's kind of like renting a movie, once the time runs out it's there but you can't access it until you rent it again. Hope this helps brighten your spirits!

Message 4 of 9 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Question about after Playstation Plus membership

Apr 16, 2013

How do i know when my ps plus membership expires is there an option on the ps3 system or what i would like to renew it for a year but cant remember when my last subscription ends. i dont want to get screwed by sony again so id like to keep track of this can anyone help me Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 9 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Eighty_GriT_420 wrote:

How do i know when my ps plus membership expires is there an option on the ps3 system or what i would like to renew it for a year but cant remember when my last subscription ends. i dont want to get screwed by sony again so id like to keep track of this can anyone help me Smiley Mad

Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forum.

Account Management, you should be able to view all your games.  The ones with the expiration dates will be those you have received through PLUS.  The dates should all be the same.  This is your expiration date for PLUS and the associated games.

Games you have Purchased, even with a discount from PLUS, will not have an expiration on them, and thus will remain on your system, should you decide to not re subscribe to PLUS.

As well, if your membership lapses, you can still recover the "free" games taken off your system by the end of the subscription, once you sign up again.  Example; say you membership ends, and the "free games" are taken away.  Even if you take a month to re subscribe, those games will be listed as purchased again in the PS Store, and you need only to re download anything you wish to be back on your system.

Also; if you find your hard drive is filling up, you can always dump games from PLUS off of it, until you wish to re download.  I do this all the time.  It saves space.  Any game given "Free" through PLUS just needs to be downloaded once to your system, for them to be available, even after the "free" offer has expired.

Hope this helps.  If you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to ask here, or PM me.

Moble

Message 6 of 9 (155 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 16, 2013

NairdaEkol120 wrote:

So I read the terms of service. 

Type 2. You will no longer be able to access and use the following PlayStation Plus Elements after your Subscription Period expires, even if you downloaded them before expiry:

• PlayStation Network games
  • PS one® games
  • minis
  • Premium game elements

My question is about "PlayStation Network games". 
Example:

Limbo

• PSN Game

Little Big Planet 2

• Full Game

I understand I won't be able to access Limbo when my membership expires, but what about Little Big Planet 2? I am confused, since it's stated that it is a "full game", unlike the latter one which is a "PSN Game". Hope someone could  clear this up for me. Thanks.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forum.

Purchased games will remain on your system.  Games acquired for "free" through PLUS will expire with the subscription.  You can verify your expiration date in Account Management, and then games.  You will see the expiration date there.

Games bought on discount from PLUS will remain yours.  Essentially, any game you pay your own money for will be yours to keep.  All other games that were "free" will expire.

Hope this helps.

Moble

Message 7 of 9 (153 Views)
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
5944 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Thread moved from the PS3 Support section Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9 (142 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
30147 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Eighty_GriT_420 wrote:

You don't have to wait until the subscription ends.  You can buy another year right now.  Plus subscriptions stack, so the new subscription will be added on to the current one.  In addition, all subscriptions renew automatically by default.  All you have to do is keep enough money in your PSN wallet to pay for the renewal, or have automatic funding enabled, and the subscription will renew itself when it expires.

GKP
Message 9 of 9 (134 Views)