Nov 14 2012
By: scottfernaays First Son 7 posts

Quantum Conundrum supposed to be free, but I got charged

[ Edited ]
6 replies 516 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

I've contacted costomer services , but it didnt leave me warm and fuzzy..... has anyone else had this issue with using Playstation Plus

<Community Manager edit: 

Made a post on this topic; you can read it here: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus-Support/Issues-with-Being-Charged-for-Free-P...

It's in this forum space and I've floated it to the top for all users. > 

Message 1 of 7 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11733 posts

Re: Quantum Conundrum supposed to be free, but I got charged

Nov 14, 2012

It appears the same problem from last week is making its way back. With the late update to the store today the people behind Plus are in the process of ironing out the kinks for those members looking to download a free game. If you're seeing Quantum Conundrum with a price tag then avoid downloading it at all costs until it tells you otherwise. This will stave off unnecessary money-spending on your part . If the charge has been confirmed already, the only way to resolve the matter now is by getting in contact with a technical person on Sony's support end.

Message 2 of 7 (511 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I called and started the process   , they said it would be reviewed in 10 to15 days then if approved ( the part that makes me uneasy) ill get a refund in 4 to 5 days

Message 3 of 7 (509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Wish I had seen this before I tried to get the game.  It charged me too...

Message 4 of 7 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 14, 2012

contact support and start the process.. sooner the better........ hopefully we see results soon

Message 5 of 7 (495 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6912 posts

Nov 14, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

It appears the same problem from last week is making its way back. With the late update to the store today the people behind Plus are in the process of ironing out the kinks for those members looking to download a free game. If you're seeing Quantum Conundrum with a price tag then avoid downloading it at all costs until it tells you otherwise. This will stave off unnecessary money-spending on your part . If the charge has been confirmed already, the only way to resolve the matter now is by getting in contact with a technical person on Sony's support end.

I don't think it's the same situation as with RE5; I think people were just impatient.  I can't say for sure, but when I checked the store as soon as I saw the update on the blog, it was marked as free and was free.  With RE5, the store updated, it was marked as free (and in the PS+ section), but it still tried to charge.  I think people searched for it and did not realize it wasn't updated yet.  I haven't seen anyone describe it as it was last week (marked as free, but not free).  

Either way, I think people need to pay more attention to what they agree to so they don't pay for something that should be free.  I also think Sony should be understanding (in the RE5 case, and if it's the same situation here) and refund people who were "tricked" by that initial label saying "free."

Message 6 of 7 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
SIEA
1490 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Made a post on this topic; you can read it here: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus-Support/Issues-with-Being-Charged-for-Free-P...

It's in this forum space and I've floated it to the top for all users. 

Message 7 of 7 (467 Views)
0 Likes