Highlighted
Sep 23 2012
By: IcWolfHD First Son 2 posts

Ps plus free gamea

10 replies 421 views Edited Sep 23, 2012
So my bro bought a card from ebgames because there isnt borderlands 1 anymore and we were supposed to buy it in psn when we saw ps plus is for free and some games when we tried downloading its only good for a few months and thats **bleep** because it was never mentioned there that its for a limited time thats against the law and we want a refund
Message 1 of 11 (421 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39975 posts

Re: Ps plus free gamea

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

IcWolfHD wrote:
So my bro bought a card from ebgames because there isnt borderlands 1 anymore and we were supposed to buy it in psn when we saw ps plus is for free and some games when we tried downloading its only good for a few months and thats **bleep** because it was never mentioned there that its for a limited time thats against the law and we want a refund

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, apologies of you're not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

PlayStation Plus is a 'Subscription Service", much like Netflix, you are only able to access certain material/games etc whilst you continue to be a subscriber.

Any games you get for free are yours to play for as long as you are a subscriber, anything you pay for, be it at a discounted price or for only a few dollars is yours to keep & use for ever, avatars & themes, free or otherwise are also yours to keep & use for ever.

The games on PlayStation Plus are there on a rotating basis, some games will come some will go, games change monthly with new games arriving & older ones going away.

Sony has not broken any laws & you will not get a refund, so you may as well use your subscription, you may even find you actualy like what Plus has to offer & stay a while!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 11 (419 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Yes it's been resolved and my apologies if i accused PSN or Sony of breaking any laws after some researching i finally did understand how PS Plus works well i'm just gonna learn from my mistakes

Message 3 of 11 (415 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39975 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

IcWolfHD wrote:

Yes it's been resolved and my apologies if i accused PSN or Sony of breaking any laws after some researching i finally did understand how PS Plus works well i'm just gonna learn from my mistakes

No need to apologize, I just wanted to make sure you understood how it worked that  was all.

Any problems let us know, we're here to help if we can.

Message 4 of 11 (412 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I have tried this service for 6 months and I do not like what we are receiving.  When you compare the games that the U.S plus members are receiving to that of the EU, the U.S subscribers are not just getting screwed, we are funding Sony to give the better games to the EU plus community. 

I say the U.S. community should band together and boycott the plus (minus) service.  I will not be renewing my Plus subscription unless Sony starts distributing the same service to the U.S. customer as the EU.

Message 5 of 11 (350 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9973 posts

Oct 2, 2012

mdstryker wrote:

I have tried this service for 6 months and I do not like what we are receiving.  When you compare the games that the U.S plus members are receiving to that of the EU, the U.S subscribers are not just getting screwed, we are funding Sony to give the better games to the EU plus community. 

I say the U.S. community should band together and boycott the plus (minus) service.  I will not be renewing my Plus subscription unless Sony starts distributing the same service to the U.S. customer as the EU.

People need to stop comparing US and EU, we still get a lot of good content, also if you compare both US and EU, you will noticed there wasn't a whole lot of differences. Sure EU may of got more full disc based games, but it's not a whole lot more. We still got a good service, and I know I got more then my moneys worth in Plus. Also plus is now better then even before, they are always improving it.

Message 6 of 11 (345 Views)
MVP Support
29308 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Well said.  There really isn't anything to complain about.  Honestly, how many $20-$30 games do people expect to get for free, when they buy a $50 annual subscription?  Any reasonable person would acknowledge that we are getting our money's worth from the instant game collection alone; and that doesn't even include online storage, discounts on new releases, and other features that are probably worth $50 a year by themselves. People used to complain about the content that they received with their subscription; specifically that it was things that nobody wanted, or that the content that they did want could be purchased for less than $50.  Sony addressed that.  Now people are complaining that some other geography received content that they would like to have, and therefore they have been "screwed".  Seriously? We're talking about less than $8 a month here.  Some people won't be satisfied until they get every game made,  delivered instantly,  for free.  A few people probably wouldn't even be satisfied then.  There's really nothing to do except to ignore them.

GKP
Message 7 of 11 (339 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Hi! I become a PS Plus member last August (for one year subscription). This month, my PS3's hard disk broke, and I lost all the content in there. I replaced my hard disk and the PS3 is working well again. Happily, my PS Plus account was updated with the server, so I was able to update my save games among other things, but I'm not getting to install some PS Plus free games that I downloaded some months ago. I downloaded and installed only the games I bought. I can't download again the PS Plus free games that I downloaded before? Why?

Message 8 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39975 posts

Dec 17, 2012

mfrizon wrote:

Hi! I become a PS Plus member last August (for one year subscription). This month, my PS3's hard disk broke, and I lost all the content in there. I replaced my hard disk and the PS3 is working well again. Happily, my PS Plus account was updated with the server, so I was able to update my save games among other things, but I'm not getting to install some PS Plus free games that I downloaded some months ago. I downloaded and installed only the games I bought. I can't download again the PS Plus free games that I downloaded before? Why?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community mrfrizon.

Are the free games not showing in your download list in the PS Store?

If they're not try going to the XMB menu, then to account management, then to your downloads/download management, see if they are there.

Come back & let us know if this helped.

Message 9 of 11 (211 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29308 posts

Dec 17, 2012

If your Plus subscription has not expired, then you should be able to download any free games that you downloaded with your Plus subscription again.  They should be in your PSN downloads list along with the games that you purchased.

GKP
Message 10 of 11 (204 Views)
0 Likes