Nov 17 2013
By: NecoSquibs First Son 1 posts

Ps Plus on Subaccount

7 replies 2938 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

Hai guys, I have a subaccount and I've already redeemed my Bungie beta code for the subaccount... But I wasn't sure how to activate the ps Plus thing for that account. If I don't have ps plus on the subaccount, can I not play with my friends online?

Message 1 of 8 (2,938 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Re: Ps Plus on Subaccount

Nov 18, 2013
You can not have PS+ on a sub-account according to PlayStation Customer Service.

I spoke to them in length about this yesterday on the phone.

According to them when you turn an account into a sub account it is forever doomed to be a sub account and can't be converted to a primary account (that can use PS+). Even if it is a kids account and they turn 18, it can't be converted and remains a sub-account forever (and sub-accounts can't have PS+).

Their suggestion was to make a brand new account because, well that is your only option.

Viro
Message 2 of 8 (2,928 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44748 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

NecoSquibs wrote:

Hai guys, I have a subaccount and I've already redeemed my Bungie beta code for the subaccount... But I wasn't sure how to activate the ps Plus thing for that account. If I don't have ps plus on the subaccount, can I not play with my friends online?

Sub Accounts cannot have a Plus Subscription, having said that, all you need to do is have both account son the same PS3/4 & both will have access to PS Plus.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 3 of 8 (2,922 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
34728 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Sub-accounts can play online, but only while playing on the primary PS4 console of a master account that has a Playstation Plus subscription.

GKP
Message 4 of 8 (2,920 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2015

I created a sub account for my son to play Destiny. My son is complaining that he can not do certain things in the Destiny game because his sub account is not considered a playstation plus account. Is his sub account restricted even though the master account it is under is a playstation plus account?

Message 5 of 8 (1,814 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44748 posts

Jan 8, 2015

adrianreich wrote:

I created a sub account for my son to play Destiny. My son is complaining that he can not do certain things in the Destiny game because his sub account is not considered a playstation plus account. Is his sub account restricted even though the master account it is under is a playstation plus account?

@adrianreich - Sorry but I think that is correct.

If your son were to log in using YOUR PSN ID to play then I think he would be fine, but using his own then not.

Although only one PS Plus subscription is required for all accounts on the SAME console to play online, from what I understand with Destiny, is it uses the PSN ID that has the Plus account registered to them, hence your son not being able to do what he wishes.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 6 of 8 (1,806 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2015
This is not wholly true. I share a PS4 with my roommate, and his account is the primary. I have a different PSN ID from him, but I have had no problem accessing multiplayer and PS Plus content until today.
Message 7 of 8 (1,736 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 30, 2017
I created a sub account on my PS4 so me and my mates could play online and it doesn't work on any of the games I have. On Fifa it won't link up to the ea account so we can play online and on Black ops it says it doesn't have PlayStation plus but my account is the master account and my PS4 is the primary console! Sort it out Sony
Message 8 of 8 (415 Views)
0 Likes