Apr 03 2013
By: GUERRILLA-KILLA First Son 4 posts

Problems getting Plus games on two consoles

[ Edited ]
3 replies 337 views Edited Apr 3, 2013

This is the email i sent Sony, it was just easier to copy and paste. I also called support and as usual I know more than they do, so at this point I'm just looking for some kind of answer as to why this is happening.

I own 2 PS3s and recently when trying to download PS Plus games like Spec Ops: The Line and Demon's Souls on to both of my PS3s I receive the error message "There is not enough free space on the system storage". There is nothing wrong with either of my PS3s and both of them have enough space on them so I do not need help with that problem. The problem lies in that when I download Playstation Plus "game" on to PS3 "A" I am not able to download the game on PS3 "B" and I receive the aforementioned error message. The same thing would happen to PS3 "A" if I first downloaded the game on PS3 "B". Is this some kind of new policy or this a "glitch" that needs to be fixed?

Message 1 of 4 (337 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7425 posts

Re: Problems getting Plus games on two consoles

Apr 3, 2013

Are you sure you have enough space?  To download a game, you need twice the listed space - to download and then to install.  Once installed, it only uses the amount of space stated.

Message 2 of 4 (325 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Apr 3, 2013

twice the space you say? how come I've never heard that before? I could swear I've downloaded stuff with just enough space before.

Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31593 posts

Apr 3, 2013

You haven't been reading the forum much then.  It is a common mistake.  You need enough storage to download the game. Then you need enough additional storage to install the game, which is at least as much as was needed to download it.  After the game is installed, the download files are deleted, so you get that space back.  It is only during the download and install process that you need twice the size of the game in free storage.  It is nothing new.  The PS3 has worked that way since the start, although it didn't have 10, 15, and 20GB downloadable games from the start.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)