Highlighted
Sep 03 2013
By: SALI_ATOm_TM First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Please enter a valid credit card number ???

[ Edited ]
7 replies 4282 views Edited Sep 3, 2013

I have a PS3 with the latest update and recently I have a offer to get 90days of PS+ subscription for free and I enter the code from PS store and it ask me to enter billing information even it belongs for free so I enter my dad's credit card information and gave all the billing address (first time this, I have never purchased anything from credit card before ) and press confirm and it says your credit card number was invalid..I checked more than once and it says same when I confirm..why this happen ?..I'm in Sri Lanka...I purchased the system from Doha-Qatar and my region automatically detected and save as India when I created my PS network account...how can I solve this problem? Thank u guyz..Need help please...

Message 1 of 8 (4,282 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28800 posts

Re: Please enter a valid credit card number ???

Sep 3, 2013

This forum is for the USA and Canada only, but I can answer your question anyway.  All free trials require that a credit card be entered into the PSN profile.  It doesn't have to stay there during the trial, but it has to be there when the trial starts.  Also, PSN will not accept any credit card unless the billing address of the card matches the address that was registered for the PSN account.  If your PSN account is registered for a different country than the one that you live in (because PSN is not available in your country, or you want to access different content), then you can't use a credit card for payment, and therefore you can't take advantage of any free trial offer for Playstation Plus.

GKP
Message 2 of 8 (4,265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Thank you

Message 3 of 8 (4,245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 5, 2013

can i convert my account to a possible PSN account that can i buy or eligable to have trial offerss...in XBOX there is a way to change and convert the acccount and we can buy from it..

Message 4 of 8 (4,227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Sep 5, 2013

SALI_ATOm_TM wrote:

can i convert my account to a possible PSN account that can i buy or eligable to have trial offerss...in XBOX there is a way to change and convert the acccount and we can buy from it..

no you cannont change the region of the account after its been created

Message 5 of 8 (4,223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 20, 2014
I had the same problem but I went back on my ps3 and put my credit card details in and it saved over to my ps4 and I bought what I wanted
Message 6 of 8 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28800 posts

Jan 20, 2014

It doesn't "save over".  The billing information is part of your PSN account profile.  It was never stored on either console to begin with.  The acceptance criteria for credit cards is the same regardless of where the information is entered.  

GKP
Message 7 of 8 (3,389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I was stumped on this for hours. Nothing I put in seemed to work.  I finally was able to figure out the correct input formula by entering my info on the Playstation Network / Sony Entertainment Group Website. The correct form was copied EXACTLY from my account info at my creditcard/bank website and pasted in.  

Little things matter: all caps , complete zip (9 numbers) ect. . . 

However your card company has your information stored in their system is what you should put in . . . EXACTLY!!

Good Luck ! 

Message 8 of 8 (3,227 Views)
0 Likes