Jul 06 2013
By: GarraOmega Monster Hunter 40 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation Plus Trouble

5 replies 186 views Edited Jul 6, 2013

So today, I found two things that are ps plus related that I need help with.

• Well first of all I finally got around too redeeming my ps plus code from the ps home e3 booth, but when I do so, it says it is unvalid or no longer working. I tried entering the code almost a week ago and it worked. Does this mean it's expired already? If so, when did it expire and is there a chance I can get another one?
  • Secondly, I did this somewhere in the day but after I tried redeeming the code. I decided to look in my account's downloads list for no apparent reason (note I was a ps plus member before). Well, when I browsed through it, I found all the previous content I had when I used to have ps plus. From Nba Jam and the previous 3 games replaced recently, to Vanquish. Does this mean I'm a ps plus member, and is this some sort of glitch. And when I try to download game unlocks of the ps plus games, it gives me an error when I try to attempt it.

Well that is all for now. Please give me feedback for my situation as it would really help me out.

Message 1 of 6 (186 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31499 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Trouble

Jul 7, 2013

The E3 Playstation Plus codes had to be redeemed by the end of June.  They have expired now, and will not be replaced. You were supposed to use it to try Plus immediately.  Not save it for future use.

If you were a Playstation Plus subscriber before, the content that you got for free will now be visible in your downloads list during the grace period during which you can purchase another Plus subscription, and still get it back.  You will be unable to download any of those items until you renew your Plus subscription.

GKP
Message 2 of 6 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Well that sucks

Message 3 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 7, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

If you were a Playstation Plus subscriber before, the content that you got for free will now be visible in your downloads list during the grace period during which you can purchase another Plus subscription, and still get it back.  You will be unable to download any of those items until you renew your Plus subscription.

How long does this grace period last? I've been trying all week to renew muy Plus but it doesn't let me because of credit card issues, but what you meant about 'still' getting it back, do you mean that after certain period of time without renewing PS+ all of the free games I downloaded will be locked forever? even if I renew my account and those games were never deleted from my PS3?

It's been 5 days now since my PS+ expired and I want to know if when I renew my account will I still be able to play the games I got for free when I was PS+?

Message 4 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41753 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Chev_Chelios0069 wrote:

gkpama00 wrote:

How long does this grace period last? I've been trying all week to renew muy Plus but it doesn't let me because of credit card issues, but what you meant about 'still' getting it back, do you mean that after certain period of time without renewing PS+ all of the free games I downloaded will be locked forever? even if I renew my account and those games were never deleted from my PS3?

It's been 5 days now since my PS+ expired and I want to know if when I renew my account will I still be able to play the games I got for free when I was PS+?

Yes you will.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 6 (144 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Jul 7, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Yes you will.

BRIT-KO

Thank you sir Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6 (140 Views)