Nov 17 2013
By: LordSpitfire1 First Son 2 posts

Playstation Plus Purchase - Require Refund

9 replies 1687 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

Hey Playstation support team,

I just purchased a PS4 and I tried to purchase Playstation plus which I eventually realized I did. However when I was purchasing it the PS4 didn't seem to give any notification that I got it. I went in and did it three or four times as it was unresponsive. To my poor luck it triple and quadrople charged my VISA 49.99x4. It now says my Playstation Plus is good until like 2017.

I did not intend to purchase it for that long, so my question is how can I get a refund for my purchases other than my intended year?

I have tried calling the Phone Number 800-345-7669 and its service is not the greatest. I understand its Sunday but with the launch of PS4 I would have expected better phone coverage.

Message 1 of 10 (1,687 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Purchase - Require Refund

Nov 17, 2013

The exact same thing happened to me.

I stopped after x2 though.  Also no luck with support.

Message 2 of 10 (1,679 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 17, 2013
I didnt do that, but been on hold with support for 45+ minutes....good luck.
Message 3 of 10 (1,675 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39424 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

LordSpitfire1 wrote:

Hey Playstation support team,

I just purchased a PS4 and I tried to purchase Playstation plus which I eventually realized I did. However when I was purchasing it the PS4 didn't seem to give any notification that I got it. I went in and did it three or four times as it was unresponsive. To my poor luck it triple and quadrople charged my VISA 49.99x4. It now says my Playstation Plus is good until like 2017.

I did not intend to purchase it for that long, so my question is how can I get a refund for my purchases other than my intended year?

I have tried calling the Phone Number 800-345-7669 and its service is not the greatest. I understand its Sunday but with the launch of PS4 I would have expected better phone coverage.

Whislt I can see perhaps a double-charge a quadruple one no, what you should have done was to have stopped after two, not four!

Please contact Sony customer support regarding this, only they can assit you, we're unable to here, sorry.

Wait times are MUCH longer than usual because of increased activity & some PSN issues, please try to be patient or leave it till another day, although this is important to you waiting a day or so is likely beneficial to you.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific
Average Wait Time: Over 30 Minutes

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 10 (1,666 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 17, 2013

How can you not see a quadrople charge?

PS4 just came out and Playstation Plus was not something I have purchased before.

Last night when I made the initial purchase I was unaware of the indication showing that you now have Playstation Plus. I thought maybe my internet was lagging out and was not working like usual. So my initial response was to try it again a minute later. After that I waited another three or four minutes for something to happen and nothing did.

After the brief wait I tried two more times with still no significant indication saying you now have Playstation Plus.

After a bit of research after the fact, on the PS4 all that shows you have Playstation Plus is when you go to your usernames profile it shows a + sign in the profile screen.

The combination of a poor understanding of how it works and the poor indication method to show members they now have it.

Let me give you a for instance, after I bought it the first time there should have been a screen that popped up saying during my second purchase that I already had Playstation Plus. However, this is not the case. Yet by you presumed response, it is my fault?

I would also like to add, for a company making 500$ a pop off a Playstation alone, 45 minute wait time is quite unacceptable even with a new game launch. I am sure with all the people without decent work out there your company could muster up a few more representatives to answer phones. Not to mention the 49.99x4 you are practically stealing from me. Wheres my service?

Customers are treated poorly is the bottom line.

Message 5 of 10 (1,651 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2700 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

um, i hate to be brutal, but it is your fault. Only an idiot goes and does something that charges a credit card twice, let alone FOUR times...  Whther it's obvious or not that you now had PS Plus, you should've backed out of that screen and looked everywhere possible to see if you had Plus now instead of going through the proces of charging your card three more times simply cause you didn't have a clue how to tell you had Plus yet. Even wait 24 hours (would that have killed you?) then check your credit card online to see if the charge showed up then go check the PS4 again....

Oh and digital sales are final. But maybe they'll be nice and refund the other 3 years...

Message 6 of 10 (1,624 Views)
MVP Support
28740 posts

Nov 18, 2013

It was always necessary to sign out and then back in again before all Playstation Plus features would be available from a new subscription.  Did it occur to you to try that?  In any case, Sony would probably say that you should have contacted customer support after the subscription did not appear to take effect the first time, as opposed to the fourth time.  You may get a refund, and you may not.  You are certainly not entitled to a refund.  The no-refund policy of the Playstation Store applies to all cases. All you can do is ask, but asking here won't get you anything.  You have to contact Playstation customer support by phone, or live chat. Sony is selling PS4s at a loss, so I doubt that the company will feel obligated to hire thousands of extra customer support representatives so you won't have to be inconvenienced while requesting a refund that Sony does not even owe you.

GKP
Message 7 of 10 (1,614 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Call your credit card company and dispute the charges.
Message 8 of 10 (1,576 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Tantara wrote:
Call your credit card company and dispute the charges.......

if you want your account banned......

Message 9 of 10 (1,570 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
39424 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Tantara wrote:
Call your credit card company and dispute the charges.

We DO NOT suggest doing this, your PSN account will be banned.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 10 of 10 (1,557 Views)
0 Likes