Feb 08 2013
By: AMP1317 First Son 2 posts

Playstation Plus Online Storage Issues

4 replies 701 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

All right, so to make a long story short, my PS3 crapped out whilist playing ME1. Froze, and upon resetting it said data was corrupted, repair, stuck at 40%, black screen, yadda yadda.

Anywho, I eventually had to restore my PS3 (lose everything). However, I am a member of Playstation Plus, so my saves SHOULD be backed up. I check my online storage and it says, "941MB/1024MB" which leads me to believe there's something on there.

However, when I click on it, there's nothing there. I asked my friend and he has my account on his PS3 when we used to play LBP together. He logged on and was able to see all my data that was on there. So he can see it on his PS3 but I can't see it on mine?

Someone told me to re-sync my trophies that since I restored it I have to treat it like a new PS3.  I did just that (took around 30 minutes or so) and reset my system afterwards (old habbit).  When I brought it back up, it still wasn't there.  So then, I updated my system and there was an update required.  Checked after that, and nothing.  So I'm kinda at a loss here...

Please please please help me out! I really just don't know what to do... my friend COULD try and copy everything, but... That'd take forever and I'd like to be able to access my OWN data that I paid for...

Message 1 of 5 (701 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Re: Playstation Plus Online Storage Issues

Feb 8, 2013

I have the same thing with this problem. I  just bought a new 500 GB Super Slim White PS3 with 1 year free of PS+ membership. I was a PS+ member for almost a year from 2 different PS3s because it went dead on me. So I had all my game saves backed up to cloud storage.

So I started using new PS3 and getting all my download to re-download and I wanted to get my game saves back from cloud to my PS3, but I felt something funny about it. And found out that my game saves were gone but  it said I have 935MB/1024MB in my cloud storage. I'm kinda **bleep** off that I worked so hard on games such as to Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and Dynasty Warriors 7 and now I lost everything and I don't want to start it all over again...

Sony, I wouldn't forgive you for such a doing to us that our game saves that backed up to cloud storage and lose it everything. I hope you fix this issue or I will won't play any games ever again until you fix this! I gave all of my most hours, hours of games I played and worked so hard so far and giving such a rude rewards to us.

BTW, I think it won't sync again or transfer game saves to/from cloud storage for another 24 hours everyday. I'll check it out tomorrow and see what happens. I'll reply this if it works or not.

Message 2 of 5 (693 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30077 posts

Feb 8, 2013

The trick is that you have to copy a save data from the restored PS3 to your online storage, before the save data that is already there will appear in the XMB.

GKP
Message 3 of 5 (685 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Feb 8, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

The trick is that you have to copy a save data from the restored PS3 to your online storage, before the save data that is already there will appear in the XMB.

I just checked it, still nothing there on XMB nor cloud storage. Like I said I'll check it again after 24 hours peroid from last time I moved my game saves to cloud storage from previous PS3 before I sold it to GameStop for new one. Any hint on it? I have new PS3 right now and it is like almost a day old of usage and checked the cloud storage to get my game saves back.

Message 4 of 5 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
52 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Problem solved. gkpama00 is right. My best way is to do with it, just wait for 24 hours pass by after you put game saves in cloud storage, just play any game whetever you want in order to create new game save, quit the game and copy the save that you just made to cloud storage, check the cloud storage and ta-da! There it is, all your game saves are there.

Message 5 of 5 (670 Views)
0 Likes