Aug 04 2013
By: DeliRiouS_JoKeR First Son 1 posts

PlayStation Plus still on my account

4 replies 247 views Edited Aug 4, 2013

I got a free 30 day trial for playstation plus and used it. I've now cancelled my Playstation Plus before the month was over but, this morning, It says 30 day trial (3 month package) and I still have Playstation Plus! Can someone tell me whats going on?

Message 1 of 5 (247 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11874 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus still on my account

Aug 4, 2013

DeliRiouS_JoKeR wrote:

I got a free 30 day trial for playstation plus and used it. I've now cancelled my Playstation Plus before the month was over but, this morning, It says 30 day trial (3 month package) and I still have Playstation Plus! Can someone tell me whats going on?

Did you go into account management and turn off automatic renewal?  If not, that's why you still have PS+.  There is no actual way to 'cancel' PS+ since you pay for the whole thing in advance.  The only thing you can do is turn off auto-renewal.

If you contact support, there is a slight chance they can refund your money, but it's not likely.  Just enjoy your PS+ for the next three months and be sure to turn off Automatic Renewal before the end of it.

XMB > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > Playstation Plus > Playstation Plus (Subscription) > Cancel Automatic Renewal

Message 2 of 5 (170 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

BBurg is absolutely correct. You have to stop the automatic renewal on your system, which is part of the "fine print" when you get PS+. I just did this myself the other day, but no because I don't want it... I'm done paying for 3 months at a time and I am going for the year subscription.

Message 3 of 5 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Same problem here.  I haven't had a playstation for 9 months but, because I didn't uncheck the auto-matically checked auto-renew, I got stuck paying for another year.

After 4 emails to support over the last 3 months, I still haven't heard a response and I probably won't.

Message 4 of 5 (113 Views)
MVP Support
34342 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Jaysomniac wrote:

After 4 emails to support over the last 3 months, I still haven't heard a response and I probably won't.

You definitely won't. Playstation customer support does not offer e-mail support anymore, and will not respond to unsolicited e-mail messages on its e-mail address. You can't use e-mail unless Sony requests you to do so.  Playstation customer support can be contacted by phone, or live chat, during business hours only.  Refer to this page...

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Refunds are not generally given in this situation, but you have nothing to lose by asking.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (103 Views)
0 Likes