First Son
1 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus FAQ

Mar 25, 2014

Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm new here. I understand that PS+ discounted games are kept even after my subscription expires, but what about discounted add-ons/expansions for PS+ games? For example, I got Bioshock Infinite for free through PS+, if I purchase the Burial at Sea add-on when it goes on sale this week, will I lose access to the add-on and the game once my PS+ subscription lapse? 

Message 521 of 565 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Why can't I download free games exclusive to ps plus

Mar 26, 2014
Why can't I download free games exclusive to ps plus when I am a member of ps plus? Whenever I try to download a game that is free for ps plus users, I cannot get it as it is telling me to either join ps plus (even though I have) to get the game for free or pay the full price. I have asked a lot of friends but it seems like I am the only one that has this problem, will someone please help?
Message 522 of 565 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 28, 2014

LivingHigh408 wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm new here. I understand that PS+ discounted games are kept even after my subscription expires, but what about discounted add-ons/expansions for PS+ games? For example, I got Bioshock Infinite for free through PS+, if I purchase the Burial at Sea add-on when it goes on sale this week, will I lose access to the add-on and the game once my PS+ subscription lapse? 

Welcome to the Forums and sorry for such a late response to your question.

Unfortunately, you will lose access to the add-on since the free PS+ game will be locked once your subscription ends and also since the DLC you have isn't a standalone DLC (meaning you need the game to play it).

I hope this answers your question and if you have any other questions, feel free to private message me.

U_M

Message 523 of 565 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Re: Why can't I download free games exclusive to ps plus

Mar 28, 2014

SRahman1006 wrote:
Why can't I download free games exclusive to ps plus when I am a member of ps plus? Whenever I try to download a game that is free for ps plus users, I cannot get it as it is telling me to either join ps plus (even though I have) to get the game for free or pay the full price. I have asked a lot of friends but it seems like I am the only one that has this problem, will someone please help?

Hello and Welcome to the PS Forums

I wish I had an answer for you to directly solve this issue you are having, but unfortunately I do not. From what you are describing, there should be no reason as to why you cannot download these free PS+ games. I would advise you contact PlayStation Customer Support about your issue.

I hope you get your problem resolved.

U_M

Message 524 of 565 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 28, 2014

Dragoon81790 wrote:

I renewed my playstation plus on my ps4. I was aware that it would go between all three systems but I don't have my full access to the games I downloaded free with plus anymore. How do I retrieve them without having to redownload?

Welcome to the PS Forums

I am a little confused by your question, but I think i might understand. If you are asking why you cannot access the PS4 games that you received from a previous PS+ membership after you renewed your PS+ subscription then try going into settings>PSN>Restore Licenses. If this does not work, try setting that PS4 with the games you are trying to access as your primary console in the PSN settings.

Private message me if you have any more questions or problems.

U_M

Message 525 of 565 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 7, 2014
I got my ps4 and got the plus but as of late im really considering of not renewing as for the past months there has not been any games worth downloading i no its new but come on ps3 gets 3 good games each month ps4 gets jokes and only one plus no avatars or wall papers no home plus still glitch on store loading and im intrested in the final fantasy game but its a subscription game to play then y isnt that game free to play to people paying ps+ thats what ps+ was set up for we pay to play bf4 online in multiplayer and other games as if we dont have ps+ we cant play them so realy final fantasy should be free to the ps+ members
Message 526 of 565 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 8, 2014

LUCASuk2009 wrote:
I got my ps4 and got the plus but as of late im really considering of not renewing as for the past months there has not been any games worth downloading i no its new but come on ps3 gets 3 good games each month ps4 gets jokes and only one plus no avatars or wall papers no home plus still glitch on store loading and im intrested in the final fantasy game but its a subscription game to play then y isnt that game free to play to people paying ps+ thats what ps+ was set up for we pay to play bf4 online in multiplayer and other games as if we dont have ps+ we cant play them so realy final fantasy should be free to the ps+ members

Hello and welcome to the PS Forums, LUCAS

I can understand your disappointment that the PS4 PS+ service doesn't have a lot of games at the moment, however, you must realize that the PS4 is not even five months old yet. It is only natural that the wide selection of free PS+ games isn't there yet.

As for your complaint about PS+ subscription not working for games such as Final Fantasy XIV, you have to realize that if all PS+ members were able to play it for free, Square-Enix would not be making much money off of their game.

If you do not think you are getting your money's worth from the PS+ subscription, then by all means do not renew it. I am a PS+ subscriber and I find an excellent value in it and can't believe all of the priveledges I get with the subscription. I would encourage you to keep your membership as  the free-games library will only continue to get better from here.

U_M

Message 527 of 565 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 8, 2014

When a subscription is purchased, is it purchased for everyone on that device (PS3) or is it only for the specific user that purchases it?  Thank you.

Message 528 of 565 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Apr 9, 2014

Brett_in_CO wrote:

When a subscription is purchased, is it purchased for everyone on that device (PS3) or is it only for the specific user that purchases it?  Thank you.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums, Brett

As far as I know, the PS3 PS+ subscription has the same rules and limitations on the PS4. That being said, as long as the primary account on your PS3 is designated to the PS+ subscriber, all other accounts on the PS3 have access to the games you have downloaded.

If this does not answer your question, please feel free to comment on this thread again or private message me.

U_M

Message 529 of 565 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 20, 2014

I purchased Playstation Plus for my ps3 last month. I just bought a ps4. How do I get my Playstation Plus hooked to my new playstation??

Message 530 of 565 (89 Views)
0 Likes