First Son
8 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus FAQ

Oct 25, 2013

RaistlinMajere69 wrote:

Sorry. It was whether you could actually BUY one of the free PS+ games before your PS+ subscription had expired, In order to get it cheaper (presumably getting any PS+ discount) in anticipation of your PS+ account expiring (and thus preserving your access to the game)

Edit: And Thank you for the welcome! 

I'm guessing this is an generic "I don't know" since it's been a couple days? I haven't signed up for PS+ yet as I'm kind of waiting to hear an answer. It would seem completely reasonable to allow this, as I'm still wanting to buy the games. Just at the discount price I deserve for being a PS+ member.

Message 281 of 565 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Oct 25, 2013

RaistlinMajere69 wrote:

RaistlinMajere69 wrote:

Sorry. It was whether you could actually BUY one of the free PS+ games before your PS+ subscription had expired, In order to get it cheaper (presumably getting any PS+ discount) in anticipation of your PS+ account expiring (and thus preserving your access to the game)

Edit: And Thank you for the welcome! 

I'm guessing this is an generic "I don't know" since it's been a couple days? I haven't signed up for PS+ yet as I'm kind of waiting to hear an answer. It would seem completely reasonable to allow this, as I'm still wanting to buy the games. Just at the discount price I deserve for being a PS+ member.

I haven't seen anyone able to do this. It's always listed as "Purchased" if you downloaded it free as a Plus member. They generally don't offer games at a discount for Plus members and also free. I don't know where you're getting that. If you buy a game at a discount as a Plus member you'll have access to it even if your membership lapses.

Message 282 of 565 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 25, 2013

I haven't seen anyone able to do this. It's always listed as "Purchased" if you downloaded it free as a Plus member. They generally don't offer games at a discount for Plus members and also free. I don't know where you're getting that. If you buy a game at a discount as a Plus member you'll have access to it even if your membership lapses.

Okay. So, for instance, Sony's not going to discount Rayman Origins to PS+ members in 6 months after it has fallen off the free list? I find that hard to believe. But I do think you are right, that since it is marked "Purchased" I wouldn't be able to buy it until after I gave up the membership. Oh well... decision time.

Message 283 of 565 (194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

RaistlinMajere69 wrote:

Okay. So, for instance, Sony's not going to discount Rayman Origins to PS+ members in 6 months after it has fallen off the free list? I find that hard to believe. But I do think you are right, that since it is marked "Purchased" I wouldn't be able to buy it until after I gave up the membership. Oh well... decision time.

There's always the possibility a game will be discounted for Plus members after it's been removed from the IGC I suppose. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying about that. But yeah, if you remin a Plus member and it does get discounted and you downloaded it when it was free it would say "Purchased" and you wouldn't be able to buy it. At least I haven't heard of anyone successfully doing it yet. It has been asked before.

Message 284 of 565 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 25, 2013

There's always the possibility a game will be discounted for Plus members after it's been removed from the IGC I suppose. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying about that. But yeah, if you remin a Plus member and it does get discounted and you downloaded it when it was free it would say "Purchased" and you wouldn't be able to buy it. At least I haven't heard of anyone successfully doing it yet. It has been asked before.

Yeah, I saw the question but I guess I missed the answer. Thanks so much! Appreciate it!

Message 285 of 565 (186 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Oct 25, 2013

No problem. By the way......your ID......it's a reference to the Dragonlance books right?

Message 286 of 565 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Oct 25, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

No problem. By the way......your ID......it's a reference to the Dragonlance books right?

Oh Yes! :-)

Message 287 of 565 (175 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Oct 28, 2013

I read through the FAQs but couldn't find anything on this. With PSPlus on the PS4, will cloud saves still only be available for the main user (the one actually subscribed to PSPlus) or is it open to all users on that system?

Failing that, it'd be nice if there was an easy method to backup ALL save games on the system. Generally that's all I need to backup. As it is on the PS3, I have to go through an entire back which takes an eternity or backup the saves on a user-by-user basis which is a PITA.

Message 288 of 565 (141 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Got a question, will PS plus give out free games for ps4 launch day?
Message 289 of 565 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41851 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

xX_CoolSchmO_Xx wrote:
Got a question, will PS plus give out free games for ps4 launch day?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Yes, although it will become part of the IGC on it's release in 2014, in place of Driveclub will be 'Contrast, as well as the already announced 'Resogun'.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 290 of 565 (112 Views)
0 Likes