Nov 05 2013
By: bill_hero First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

PSN+ games

7 replies 339 views Edited Nov 5, 2013

Greetings!

I currently own a PS3 without a PSN+ account. As I live in Brazil, I won't be getting the PS4 at launch, mainly because of the outrageous price. When I eventually purchase my PS4 I would like to claim all the PSN+ free games available.

My question is, if I subscribe to PSN+ now and remain a member until I purchase a PS4, will I be able to download ALL the free games that were available during this time? Or do I only retain the games I download and therefore missing the games available before I'm able to purchase a PS4?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (339 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: PSN+ games

Nov 5, 2013

bill_hero wrote:

Greetings!

I currently own a PS3 without a PSN+ account. As I live in Brazil, I won't be getting the PS4 at launch, mainly because of the outrageous price. When I eventually purchase my PS4 I would like to claim all the PSN+ free games available.

My question is, if I subscribe to PSN+ now and remain a member until I purchase a PS4, will I be able to download ALL the free games that were available during this time? Or do I only retain the games I download and therefore missing the games available before I'm able to purchase a PS4?

Thanks in advance!

No

Yes, but you can subscribe now then when games become available you should be able to start then cancel the download. Then the download will remain in your download list and you'll be able to download those titles when you do get a PS4.

Message 2 of 8 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Thank you for the quick reply ne1atall.

By doing what you suggested in red, will I be able to claim the PS4 titles as well (e.g. Resogun) or only the PS3 titles?

This question comes from my notion that I can only initate these downloads through my PS3. Is this correct?

Message 3 of 8 (326 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 5, 2013

bill_hero wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply ne1atall.

By doing what you suggested in red, will I be able to claim the PS4 titles as well (e.g. Resogun) or only the PS3 titles?

This question comes from my notion that I can only initate these downloads through my PS3. Is this correct?

You'll be initiating the (PS4) download on the PS3 then cancelling to get it in your download list. I don't know for 100% certain it will work but I'm reasonably sure because it works that way with the Vita. I don't have a Vita but I've been doing that trick since day one in case I get one.

Message 4 of 8 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Well then, I believe it's time to upgrade to a PSN+ account.

Thank you very much for your answers ne1atall!

Message 5 of 8 (319 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Message 6 of 8 (315 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7525 posts

Nov 7, 2013

You have to "purchase" a game from PS+ in order to add it to your list to download later.  I don't think you'll be able to do this from the PS3 (for PS4 content), but it has been confirmed that you can do it from the web store.

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Message 7 of 8 (277 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

You have to "purchase" a game from PS+ in order to add it to your list to download later.  I don't think you'll be able to do this from the PS3 (for PS4 content), but it has been confirmed that you can do it from the web store.

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Thanks JERM. After posting this I began to think there was a flaw in my logic. I was using the ability to do it with the Vita as the basis of my assumption you'd be able to do it for the PS4. The problem is the Vita is compatible with the PS3 as far as cross play and whatnot. The PS4 is a different story. At least I said I wasn't 100% sure and there's a happy ending that content can be added like you described.

Message 8 of 8 (272 Views)