Highlighted
Mar 22 2013
By: McDog3 First Son 3 posts

PSN Plus Membership not recognized

10 replies 1211 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

Hello, 

So I updated the PS3 system today, from 4.21 to 4.31 as well as the new 1.04 PSN store update.  I do not know which update caused this problem, but all I know is that now my account is not being recognized as a PS Plus member (a payment went through on the 15th so I know my membership has not lapsed).  I'm hoping this can be resolved quickly, if it has something to do with the updates.  

Has anyone else had this issue with either of the new updates?  

Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (1,211 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44747 posts

Re: PSN Plus Membership not recognized

Mar 22, 2013

McDog3 wrote:

Hello, 

So I updated the PS3 system today, from 4.21 to 4.31 as well as the new 1.04 PSN store update.  I do not know which update caused this problem, but all I know is that now my account is not being recognized as a PS Plus member (a payment went through on the 15th so I know my membership has not lapsed).  I'm hoping this can be resolved quickly, if it has something to do with the updates.  

Has anyone else had this issue with either of the new updates?  

Thanks

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

The latest update is 4.40, not 4.31, have you tried updating to the latest update available to see if that helps?

Also on the XMB next to your name is there a gold cross symbol?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 2 of 11 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Sorry, I thought 4.31 was the newest (thats what shows up on the playstation download page).  Anyways, I checked and I have 4.40 installed.  I do not have the gold cross next to my nametag either anymore, its as if my access to PS Plus has been completely removed. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,178 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44747 posts

Mar 23, 2013

McDog3 wrote:

Sorry, I thought 4.31 was the newest (thats what shows up on the playstation download page).  Anyways, I checked and I have 4.40 installed.  I do not have the gold cross next to my nametag either anymore, its as if my access to PS Plus has been completely removed. 

No problem, Sony hasn't updated the page to reflect the newest update available.

If there's no gold cross symbol next to your name on the PS3 then that says to me that you're not a Plus Subscriber, although you say you are.

Using the XMB menu go to Account Management then Services List, choose PlayStation Plus from the list & tell me what it says, it should show as active or not active & some date(s).

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 11 (1,175 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Huh, it shows my status had ended as of 3/04.  I'm fairly certain I had access to PS Plus after that date though, so their must be some lapse period i'm guessing for renewals?  Or i'm losing it, which is also quite possible.  Well at least that solves my problem-that-isn't-actually-a-problem and I know where to look if something happens again.  Out of curiousity, do you know whether the content I bought through PS Plus would become available again to me (such as old games I downloaded for free) if I sign back up at a later date for PS Plus?

Anyways, as it turned out to be just another example of Occam's razor, I give much thanks!  

Message 5 of 11 (1,158 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44747 posts

Mar 23, 2013

McDog3 wrote:

Huh, it shows my status had ended as of 3/04.  I'm fairly certain I had access to PS Plus after that date though, so their must be some lapse period i'm guessing for renewals?  Or i'm losing it, which is also quite possible.  Well at least that solves my problem-that-isn't-actually-a-problem and I know where to look if something happens again.  Out of curiousity, do you know whether the content I bought through PS Plus would become available again to me (such as old games I downloaded for free) if I sign back up at a later date for PS Plus?

Anyways, as it turned out to be just another example of Occam's razor, I give much thanks!  

So it appears you are not currently a PS Plus subscriber, but you think you should be, if that's so then you may need to contact Sony customer support because there is NO 'lapse period' with renewals, once you renew you renew & access continues IMMEDITATELY, check that the transaction went through & that you are as you think a Plus subscriber.

Once you are all your previously played free games will be avaialable again.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 11 (1,154 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Brit-Ko I was wondering if you know if Playstation will support Plus for sub-accounts again anytime soon? I had plus on my sub-account for over a 1 year period but am no longer allowed to purchase it with that account. I ended up purchasing plus on my master account.This reflects more so with my Vita as I cannot access free content since I have the Vita linked to my sub-account. I love Gravity Rush just not willing to pay for it when I own it free and cannot access it with sub-account. There are so many other factors as well, just not going to write a 3000 word blog to make it happen.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 11 (1,149 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44747 posts

Mar 23, 2013

REVV wrote:

Brit-Ko I was wondering if you know if Playstation will support Plus for sub-accounts again anytime soon? I had plus on my sub-account for over a 1 year period but am no longer allowed to purchase it with that account. I ended up purchasing plus on my master account.This reflects more so with my Vita as I cannot access free content since I have the Vita linked to my sub-account. I love Gravity Rush just not willing to pay for it when I own it free and cannot access it with sub-account. There are so many other factors as well, just not going to write a 3000 word blog to make it happen.

Thank you.

Hey REW,

I haven't heard of Sub-Accounts being supported any time soon sorry, I didn't realize they were previously, they weren't meant to be, although I do know some, like yourself were able to add it to a sub-account.

I know it's likely futile, but have you tried calling or chatting to customer support to see what they have to say about your particular situation?

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 11 (1,146 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
34693 posts

Mar 24, 2013

REVV wrote:

Brit-Ko I was wondering if you know if Playstation will support Plus for sub-accounts again anytime soon?

The answer is no. Sony initially allowed sub-accounts to subscribe to Plus, but later realized that doing so made it legally risky to offer M-rated games in the Instant Game Collection.  Sony did not want to restrict the Instant Game Collection to T-rated games, so sub-accounts were excluded from purchasing Plus subscriptions.  Sony isn't likely to change its mind about that, so Plus subscriptions are very unlikely to be offered to sub-accounts in the future.

GKP
Message 9 of 11 (1,143 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Mar 24, 2013
The idea of not offering Plus on my sub-account is wrong. I created the account when there were no age restrictions on them. I am however over 40 years old and an avid gamer. Again this is the frustration with dealing with Sony on so many levels. I did not create a sub-account by choice but was forced to when there was only a limit of 1 master account for the playstation 3 initial release.

Message 10 of 11 (1,138 Views)
0 Likes