Nov 23 2013
By: Rich8606 Lombax Warrior 153 posts

PS4 PS Plus code expiry date HELP~

[ Edited ]
4 replies 4646 views Edited Nov 23, 2013

So I recently bought Amazon's Killzone PS4 bundle which came with 12 month PS Plus membership. Instead of sending me an physical card with expiry info, Amazon emailed me the code with no expiry info whatsoever.

What I didn't know is that both Killzone Shadow Fall and the PS4 itself, came with 7 and 30 day PS Plus trial vouchers respectively. Both vouchers state that the codes will expire on 31 March 2014. Since it's shorter, I plan to use the 37 day trial first. I learnt that PS Plus trials cannot be combined with purchased PS Plus, as it will overwrite my trial subscription. Since I don't know the expiry date for the 12 month code, I'm also afraid that by the time the 37 day trial ended in January, the 12 month PS Plus I paid for may no longer work (What if the expiry date is 31 Dec 2013?).

This is my first time buying a PS Plus membership so I have no idea what the usual expiry date is for a code. I will contact Amazon to find out for sure, but I thought I'll ask around first. Assuming Amazon gave me a brand new issued code, what's the usual expiry date for a 12 month PS Plus code? 3 months from issue date, or is it longer?

Message 1 of 5 (4,646 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31513 posts

Re: PS4 PS Plus code expiry date HELP~

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

Playstation Plus codes have varying expiration dates.  There is no standard period.  Codes purchased at retail are good for at least a year. Trial codes may expire in as little as one month.  It depends on the source of the code.  The expiration date determines how long you have to redeem the code.  It has nothing to do with when the subscription ends, which can be years after the expiration date for the code. A purchased subscription will replace the remaining time for a trial that is 30 days or less, but it won't replace a free one year membership. You may be able to get them to stack if you redeem them in the correct order. In any case, the one year subscription code certainly won't expire in the next 60 days; so you have time to use the shorter trials first.

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (4,623 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

Wait a minute, are you saying purchased subscription will not overwrite any trial subscription that is 30 days or more? So technically I can stack the 37 day trials first and then use the 12 month purchased and they will all stack up? Nothing will be overwritten?

Message 3 of 5 (4,605 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Nov 24, 2013

Well, doesn't matter anymore. Turns out I cannot use the trials without a valid US credit card. I'm just gonna use the 12 month purchased.

Message 4 of 5 (4,579 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 24, 2013
I also got bundle from amazon with 1 year psn. I first used 7 day, then on the 6th day I tried to stack the 30 day trial on the 7 day and the 30 day started that day. So going to wait till the end to use one year.
Message 5 of 5 (4,568 Views)
0 Likes