Jan 07 2014
By: thegreedyturtle Wastelander 892 posts

PS+ ripped me off for Devil May Cry

8 replies 289 views Edited Jan 7, 2014

Showed up on the free list, selected confirm purchase (as always) and suddenly I have a $40 dollar bill on my card. Called Sony suppourt to get someone telling me that they are going to email me in response to a refund in 7 to 10 days!! I've had PS+ for over a year now, I don't know why they can pull this bull, but I don't think I'll renew it at this rate.

Message 1 of 9 (289 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS+ ripped me off for Devil May Cry

Jan 7, 2014

same thing happened to me. Just made a tread about it myself. They told me on the phone that I might not even get a refund.

Message 2 of 9 (284 Views)
Wastelander
892 posts

Jan 7, 2014
Also, it seems that an email contact with regards to anything Playstation related just does not exist. Guess they don't want any written records.
Message 3 of 9 (281 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

Same thing just happened to me!! who do i need to talk to, to fix this ???

Message 4 of 9 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Just Talked to Support, and they got everything squared away! Time for some DMC!

Message 5 of 9 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
892 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Really? They told me that I'd have to wait a week just to get an email about it!!

Message 6 of 9 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jan 8, 2014

I honestly don't understand how this happens to people.  It will show you how much to pay, if it's going to charge you. You have to confirm payment before downloading.  Free games never go to the "cart" screen or say anything about money.

I'm not saying anyone is lying or anything, just that I don't understand how anyone could not notice getting charged for it before downloading.  Are you guys just clicking through all the confirmations without paying attention or something?  That's really the only way I could see this happening.

I can't believe it let you DL the game, then charged you for it without making you aware that it charged you BEFORE downloading.  Especially, if it said "free" with the price crossed out for PS+ members when you selected it.

I mean, what did you see when getting the game?  Did it act like every other freebie game and just proceeded to download, or did it go to the cart screen and show money amounts?

Maybe you forgot to login first? Are you sure PSN was updated first?  Is your PS3 set to require a password before purchases?  If not, maybe you should set it that way to avoid such issues in the future.

I've only had the PS3 and PS+ for about 4 months now, and the only issue I've ever encountered in PSN is getting booted back to the XMB while browsing the store. Which happens all the time, but I was never burned for money for the free games..  Like I said, I don't think anyone is lying, but I don't understand how this is happening to people.  I can't believe it's anything more than user error or negligence somehow.

More information on exactly what transpired would be helpful.  What, exactly, happened when you went to get the free game?  What screens did you go through?  Did it show monetary amounts at any time?  That sort of stuff.

I'm just curious as to how this is happening to people.  Is it truly a network error or a user error?  User error and/or negligence just seems to make the most sense to me without experiencing for myself.....not that I want to have this happen to me, of course.   But I hope you see my point of view on this.

I've been a gamer since Pong was a new system.
Message 7 of 9 (223 Views)
MVP Support
10631 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I am sure it`s a user error, some people try to buy a free game from plus while the store is in the middle of updating, sometimes the banners updated to free but not the content. When ever you buy a free plus game and go through the checkout process the item will be marked as $0, some people either speed through the checkout process and not reading the purchase summary, which has you confirm the purchase. Other people ignore the cost thinking they would get it for free even though it lists a price.

When buying stuff from them store, like the free plus games, you have to make sure the store has finished updating, and do not go through with the purchase if it lists a price, as if the game is free, the checkout page will list $0, if it does not, don`t go through with the purchase.
Message 8 of 9 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 1, 2014

Game seems to be broken at least for me When you have tutorial on and it tells you to evade it freezes up. Also Pushing r1 for evade does nothing even when tutorial is turned off

Message 9 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Likes