Dec 28 2012
By: AgentTML First Son 2 posts

PS+ question relating to master account and subaccount

[ Edited ]
3 replies 450 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

Hello, I need help here.  I bought my son a PS Vita and I also bought a PS+ subscription.  But now I find out that sub-accounts are restricted from having PS+ subscription.  So how can I make this work?  I read elsewhere that I can still use the PS+ subscription under the master account and download the games to his PS Vita and then he can play with the games.  But if the PS Vita is associated with his sub-account, how will I be able to download games onto his PS Vita?  Do I download it to the PC first and then transfer it to the PS Vita?  Is that even possible?  Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4 (450 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29381 posts

Re: PS+ question relating to master account and subaccount

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

That won't work.  The Vita can only use one PSN account at a time, and it can only run Playstation Store content purchased by that PSN account.  If your son wants to play under his own account, then he can only install the games purchased under his account; and he can't use any Plus content. As to how you can make it work, the official answer is that you don't.  It is obvious that Sony does not intend for minors to subscribe to Playstation Plus, and the benefits of the subscription are not available to minors; for whatever reason.  Playstation Plus is not essential to using a Vita.  Plus for Vita has only been around for a month, and the Vita has been around since February.  Some of us got along without it just fine for several months, and your son can also.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Thank you for your reply.  If this is the case, then where can I go to request a refund for the Play Station Plus?  Do I go to Sony? Or Amazaon?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
40024 posts

Jan 3, 2013

AgentTML wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  If this is the case, then where can I go to request a refund for the Play Station Plus?  Do I go to Sony? Or Amazaon?

Thanks.

Why would you go to Amazon?

Here's the telephone contact information for Sony, I'm not saying you won't get a refund, but it is unusual because all sales from the PlayStation Store are considered final, good luck!

Phone Icon

PHONE             800-345-SONY      
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 4 (385 Views)
0 Likes