Apr 16 2013
By: Cri_Grimoire First Son 3 posts

PS plus expired content?

7 replies 483 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

Why when i want to play a game from the instant collection, i can't? in this case bioshock 2, nba jam on fire... it says content has expired, i belive you can allways replay games you have downloaded from the store being a PSN PLUS member!

Message 1 of 8 (483 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41732 posts

Re: PS plus expired content?

Apr 16, 2013

Cri_Grimoire wrote:

Why when i want to play a game from the instant collection, i can't? in this case bioshock 2, nba jam on fire... it says content has expired, i belive you can allways replay games you have downloaded from the store being a PSN PLUS member!

If the games were free & you're now no-longer a Plus Subscriber then no, are you?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 8 (475 Views)
MVP Support
31486 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Even if you are still a Plus subscriber, renewing your subscription does not change the expiration date of content that is already installed on the PS3.  It will expire at the end of the Plus subscription that was in effect when it was downloaded.  The license should renew the first time that you play it after it expires, if you are signed-in to PSN with the same account that downloaded it.  If it doesn't for some reason, then you can just download the game again from the Playstation Store.  The game won't actually download again if it is already installed, but any expired license will be replaced. 

If you are not a Plus subscriber currently, then all of the content that you downloaded free with your past subscriptions, except for avatars and themes, is no longer available for you to use.  You confirmed a statement to that effect every time you downloaded a game. You might be able to get the games back if you purchase another Plus subscription.  It depends on how long it has been since your last one expired.

GKP
Message 3 of 8 (472 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I'm having this problem with Just Cause 2, but after maintenance ended I uninstalled the game and went to the shop and reinstalled the game. After about half an hour I started getting messages counting down the time til the game expired again. I'm still a PS Plus member. It seems to be acting like I'm using a trial of the game, but it's the full game, and redownloading doesn't seem to help. I'd really rather not have to reinstall the game after every hour I play, and I just this week bought DLC for Just Cause 2 that I've barely gotten to use. What do I do now?

Message 4 of 8 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I believe BRIT and gk have said all this is to be said.  I have nothing to add.Smiley Sad

Moble

Message 5 of 8 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Oh wait, I have something...

Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forum.Smiley Happy

Moble

Message 6 of 8 (454 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31486 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Are you sure it is the full game?  They are on the same page of the Playstation Store app now. What you are describing is what the trial does.  When you downloaded it again, did you look for an unlock file that turns the trial into the full game?

GKP
Message 7 of 8 (442 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Apr 20, 2013

thanks !!!!!

Message 8 of 8 (401 Views)
0 Likes