Nov 08 2013
By: MontyAirline First Son 12 posts

PS+ on PS4 Restrictions

[ Edited ]
4 replies 333 views Edited Nov 8, 2013

I know you only need one account with a PS+ subscription activated on a PS4 for all accounts on that PS4 to play online and use other features of PS+.  My issue is maybe a little different.  My daugther is 19, therefore an adult and can have her own master PSN account, and is also likewise allowed to subscribe to PS+.  For years I've been using a sub-account associated with an old master account I only use to fund my sub-account -- I set up a sub to change my PSN ID.  That old master account is not activated on any PS3 or other device in the house and won't be activated on the PS4.  Important to note:  My sub-account is NOT associated with my daughter's master account.  What I plan to do since my daugher will be living with us through college and graduate school -- another 8 years, minimum -- and has a regularly used PSN master account, we'll activate her PSN account on our PS4 and subscribe her to the PS+ annual subscription we've preordered with our PS4.

My only concern, can my existing sub-account when used on the PS4 share her master account PS+ subscription services even though my sub-account is associated with a different master account?

Message 1 of 5 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: PS+ on PS4 Restrictions

Nov 8, 2013

MontyAirline wrote:

I know you only need one account with a PS+ subscription activated on a PS4 for all accounts on that PS4 to play online and use other features of PS+.  My issue is maybe a little different.  My daugther is 19, therefore an adult and can have her own master PSN account, and is also likewise allowed to subscribe to PS+.  For years I've been using a sub-account associated with an old master account I only use to fund my sub-account -- I set up a sub to change my PSN ID.  That old master account is not activated on any PS3 or other device in the house and won't be activated on the PS4.  Important to note:  My sub-account is NOT associated with my daughter's master account.  What I plan to do since my daugher will be living with us through college and graduate school -- another 8 years, minimum -- and has a regularly used PSN master account, we'll activate her PSN account on our PS4 and subscribe her to the PS+ annual subscription we've preordered with our PS4.

My only concern, can my existing sub-account when used on the PS4 share her master account PS+ subscription services even though my sub-account is associated with a different master account?

You cannot share a sub-account with a master account in any manner. But your daughter can still control your sub-account via another location. If you are subscribed to PlayStation Plus membership on your sub-account then it will not be effected so long as you stick to the sub-account.

Message 2 of 5 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 8, 2013

xX-ArcticFox-Xx wrote:

You cannot share a sub-account with a master account in any manner. But your daughter can still control your sub-account via another location. If you are subscribed to PlayStation Plus membership on your sub-account then it will not be effected so long as you stick to the sub-account.

My sub-account isn't associated with her master acount.  And from what I've read from Sony FAQs a sub-account cannot subscribe to PS+.  I just want to know if her PS+ subscribed master account on our PS4 will allow my sub-account, that is NOT associated with her master account, to share PS+ services on that one PS4 like any other family members' account on that PS4.

We've never had any problems on PS3 with other family members' accounts, unassociated with my sub-account, on that same PS3 being able to play games and game content I purchased from PSN with my sub-account.  I just don't know about PS+.  And since I can't subscribe to PS+ with a sub-account we figure we'll have to use her account to subscribe. 

Message 3 of 5 (295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I believe it will share with your sub-account even if it is NOT associated with her master account.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 4 of 5 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 8, 2013

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:

I believe it will share with your sub-account even if it is NOT associated with her master account.

You're right.  I found a friend who knew from a FAQ.  I just have to make her master PSN account the main master account on our PS4, set our PS4 as her primary console, then subscribe her to PS+.  A PS+ subscription for the main master account on a PS4 will allow all accounts on that particular PS4 to use PS+ for online play and PS+ games.

Message 5 of 5 (277 Views)
0 Likes