Sep 19 2013
By: smokebox First Son 2 posts

PS+ & COD:Ghosts

5 replies 376 views Edited Sep 19, 2013

Just trying to get some clarification. I don't use a CoD account to keep track of my game stats, just my PS+.

I'm wondering if my stats will transfer from PS3->PS4 using my PS+ account?

I've read that the stats will transfer but they mentioned using your CoD account. I would think that my progress and stats should migrate over once I setup my PS4, sign in and fire up the game, no?

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 6 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: PS+ & COD:Ghosts

Sep 19, 2013

are you asking if you have a PS3 version of the game and a PS4 version will you info/stats sync?

Message 2 of 6 (369 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Sep 19, 2013

smokebox wrote:

Just trying to get some clarification. I don't use a CoD account to keep track of my game stats, just my PS+.

I'm wondering if my stats will transfer from PS3->PS4 using my PS+ account?

I've read that the stats will transfer but they mentioned using your CoD account. I would think that my progress and stats should migrate over once I setup my PS4, sign in and fire up the game, no?

I would just get a COD account just incase.  Its free, and you dont have to give them anything more than your email.  It'll ask for a buncha stuff but I didnt give them anything but my PSN account and my email.  If its something your worried about and the answer is free, than just use the system they want you to use.
Message 3 of 6 (366 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31499 posts

Sep 19, 2013

The PS4 uses the same Playstation Network as the PS3, PSP, and PS Vita.  If Activision wants your stats from MW3 and/or BO2 to carry over to Ghosts, then there is no technical reason why it can't make that happen.  You don't need to do anything to make it happen, unless Activision says that you do.

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (364 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 19, 2013

Yes.

I planned on buying the download for the PS3, then once my PS4 arrives, upgrade and continue on with the PS4.

Message 5 of 6 (347 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31499 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

Your online stats will certainly carry over from the PS3 version of COD: Ghosts to the PS4 version of the same game.  You don't need a CoD account for that.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (341 Views)
0 Likes