Jan 07 2014
By: moldcat First Son 1 posts

PS Plus works on PS3 but not PS4

2 replies 321 views Edited Jan 7, 2014

I have four years of PlayStation Plus service. I have previously been able to download games which are free for PS Plus members on the Playstation store on my PS4, but a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that I can no longer access the PS Plus section of the store from my PS4 -- trying to do so takes me to a place to purchase a membership. I can still access the PS Plus section of the store from my PS3. Support has told me that I may be able to fix the problem by deleting my profile from my PS4, but that I will lose all of my settings and data in doing so; I'll have to reconfigure my PS4 and redownload all of my data. I've also been told not to do so until after 6 PM PST, as the update they're doing now may interfere with the creation of a new profile. I'd rather not have to do any of this. Has anyone else encountered this issue and resolved it by some simpler means?

Message 1 of 3 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: PS Plus works on PS3 but not PS4

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014
Go to your settings tab and find the heading "PSN". After this, go to "account information" and lastly go to "services list". In the services list, it should tell you that you have a PS+ subscription that is active. The problem is that the PS+ tab in the Playstation Store is basically advertising only. It is very poorly done and confusing in comparison with the PS3 Store. Hopefully this gets addressed.
Message 2 of 3 (311 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: PS Plus works on PS3 but not PS4

Jan 7, 2014
Additionally, if you want to see which games are free or discounted, you will need to go to the games tab in the Playstation Store and open all games. In this section, you should be able to see the regular price and the PS+ stuff in yellow. I truly like how the old store worked better. You would just open the PS+ tab and it immediately shows what is discounted and or free. Now it isn't even clear that you have PS+ at all when, in fact, you actually do.
Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)
0 Likes