Highlighted
Jan 01 2013
By: Final7C First Son 1 posts

PS+ Game save transfer question

2 replies 508 views Edited Jan 1, 2013

I have a question about the 1 gig space for gamesaves. Does this work for PS2/PS1 game saves. I have to send my PS3 in to have the Blu-Ray drive repaired and I would rather not lose all of my save data. I checked the FAQ's and it just says it allows you to save data to the cloud, but it doesn't specify if it is PS3 only if it covers all save data. And I'd rather not spend the $50 for a year's worth of Plus membership if it doesn't fix my problem. 

Message 1 of 3 (508 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39998 posts

Re: PS+ Game save transfer question

Jan 1, 2013

Final7C wrote:

I have a question about the 1 gig space for gamesaves. Does this work for PS2/PS1 game saves. I have to send my PS3 in to have the Blu-Ray drive repaired and I would rather not lose all of my save data. I checked the FAQ's and it just says it allows you to save data to the cloud, but it doesn't specify if it is PS3 only if it covers all save data. And I'd rather not spend the $50 for a year's worth of Plus membership if it doesn't fix my problem. 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

When you first start up any game that you are not already saving data to the cloud with it will prompt you by asking you if you want to save the data to the cloud, if it's not asking you on certain games then I assume the answer is no, but personally I thought you could.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (498 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29365 posts

Re: PS+ Game save transfer question

Jan 2, 2013

Final7C wrote:

I have a question about the 1 gig space for gamesaves. Does this work for PS2/PS1 game saves.

No.  It is for PS3 game saves only, including PS2 Classics.  Not PS1 Classics, PS1/PS2 disk games, or even PS Minis. If you are sending your PS3 in for repair, you need to back it up with the PS3 Backup Utility to a USB external hard drive.  PS Plus Online Storage is not a replacement for the Backup Utility, or doing system back-ups in general.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (491 Views)