Jul 02 2013
By: raushan01 First Son 29 posts

PS+ Full GAME TRIAL TO FULL GAME CONVERSION help! WDF

9 replies 590 views Edited Jul 2, 2013
So as you know.. Battlefield three is coming to instant collection today and I wanted to know if I could sort of predownload it? I mean I would download the full game trial, install it, wait for PSN store to update with the full game and then purchase the full game for free.. Would that work? PLEASE LMK..
Message 1 of 10 (590 Views)
MVP Support
10985 posts

Re: PS+ Full GAME TRIAL TO FULL GAME CONVERSION help! WDF

Jul 2, 2013

raushan01 wrote:
So as you know.. Battlefield three is coming to instant collection today and I wanted to know if I could sort of predownload it? I mean I would download the full game trial, install it, wait for PSN store to update with the full game and then purchase the full game for free.. Would that work? PLEASE LMK..

I believe that would work.  You'd have to play the full hour of the timed trial before the full game would unlock, though.  Then it's a matter of going to the Store after the PS+ update, 'purchasing' the game, then cancelling the download.

If you don't want to play on the timed trial, you could just start the game (to start the 60 minute trial) then quit the game, wait an hour and then 'purchase' the game.

Message 2 of 10 (578 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29320 posts

Jul 2, 2013

I don't think that would work.  The full game trial is not the same download as the full game, and having something added to the Playstation Plus section of the Playstation Store does not change the way that a full game trial for the same game would work. Why do you need to pre-download it?  The game came out over a year ago.  What's your hurry at this point?

GKP
Message 3 of 10 (574 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Jul 2, 2013

agreed with GK having an expired time trial download does not become a full unlocked version when it becomes part of the IGC on plus from what I know

Message 4 of 10 (569 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Guys, can you help me? I had already downloaded the Time Trial for Battlefield 3 weeks ago, and yesterday, when it became available for free download, I couldn't purchase it, because it is marked as already purchased! I haven't played the time trial yet, after I play it, the game will continue to work?
Message 5 of 10 (534 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29320 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Finish playing the trial first, or just start a new game and then wait an hour at the first prompt.  It is the same thing. Then you should be able to purchase the game for free with your Plus subscription.

GKP
Message 6 of 10 (526 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Tks man, will try it tonight.
Message 7 of 10 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jul 4, 2013
I did it guys! My pre-download worked! It converted to full the full game. Now I just have two full BF3 in my DL list lol. It works.. You just should try it yourselves.
Message 8 of 10 (488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Does anyone know what games are coming next? I would like to pre-download them too.
Message 9 of 10 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
29320 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Read the Games section of the Playstation Blog.

GKP
Message 10 of 10 (476 Views)
0 Likes