Jan 25 2013
By: ND-BLOWS First Son 14 posts

PS+ Free Games

2 replies 1577 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

So, ok I don't pay attention to the disclaimers, who does really ... its just corportate BS.

While I was downloading "DarkSiders" I saw that I only have access to it if I am a PS+ member.

Why is that, someone explain in laymans terms.

Darksiders was this weeks special "free game" ... soo ... FREE games I download as PS+ member and my access will be revoked as soon as my PS+ expires ... granted I'd prob be done and moved on from that game ...

But I had a physical copy of LBP2, returned/traded it a few weeks ago b/c I was able to download the digital version for free.  So now I won't have access to LBP2 and the DLCs I bought if I cancle my PS+. 

Yeah its my fault for not reading the disclaimer

but if I buy something w/ my PS+ discount and my PS+ membership expires, do I need to cover the differance to access the game I bought  to play it?!

what got me into joining PS+ was the "Free Games and Discounts"  its not FREE if you take it away ...

sony, you can keep this up, don't care ...... i have no problem going xbox 720

Message 1 of 3 (1,577 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28675 posts

Re: PS+ Free Games

Jan 25, 2013

As you admitted, you didn't bother to read the text that explained, in considerable detail, that you would only be able to play the "free" game while you remain a Playstation Plus subscriber.  The license for the Playstation Store games is free, but it isn't of unlimited duration, as it would be if you paid for the game.  The license only lasts until the end of your current Plus subscription.  If you renew your subscription, then you can also renew the license until the end of your new subscription.  The good news is that discounts are forever.  Any content that you pay money for, no matter how much the discount was, is yours to keep even after your Playstation Plus subscription ends.  You don't have to pay back any discount.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (1,573 Views)
MVP Support
39393 posts

Re: PS+ Free Games

Jan 25, 2013

ND-BLOWS wrote:

So, ok I don't pay attention to the disclaimers, who does really ... its just corportate BS.

While I was downloading "DarkSiders" I saw that I only have access to it if I am a PS+ member.

Why is that, someone explain in laymans terms.

Darksiders was this weeks special "free game" ... soo ... FREE games I download as PS+ member and my access will be revoked as soon as my PS+ expires ... granted I'd prob be done and moved on from that game ...

But I had a physical copy of LBP2, returned/traded it a few weeks ago b/c I was able to download the digital version for free.  So now I won't have access to LBP2 and the DLCs I bought if I cancle my PS+. 

Yeah its my fault for not reading the disclaimer

but if I buy something w/ my PS+ discount and my PS+ membership expires, do I need to cover the differance to access the game I bought  to play it?!

what got me into joining PS+ was the "Free Games and Discounts"  its not FREE if you take it away ...

It's a subscription service, you pay you keep you don't you lose, simple, if you didn't pay your $8.00 a month to Netflix would you expect to be able to keep watching movies?

sony, you can keep this up, don't care ...... i have no problem going xbox 720

Go, have fun.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 3 (1,565 Views)
0 Likes