Oct 24 2012
By: peartfan First Son 2 posts

Netflix Freezing When Paused

[ Edited ]
8 replies 536 views Edited Feb 16, 2016

I was watching Netflix the other day and it froze when i paused it, and  I couldn't unpause it. hitting the PS button does nothing, i have to get up and hit the button to reset the PS3. i went back and play it again and it also freezes when i try to go back to the Netflix main menu as well. Is anyone else having the same issue???

Edit: Moved from General. - space_paranoids

Message 1 of 9 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Netflix Freezing When Paused

Oct 24, 2012

I am as well.  I tried reinstalling netflix, deleting all netflix data, backup and restore, formatting the hard drive and it was all no use.  Getting really frustrating.

Message 2 of 9 (528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I have the same problem. Called Netflix for help and they told me to reset everything. It did not fix the problem.

Message 3 of 9 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Have you tried resetting your modem and router?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 9 (487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Yes and it still freezes

Message 5 of 9 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 4, 2012

There are a lot of us with this problem.  I called Netflix and they acted as though this is the first they heard of it.  So if you are having this problem, and you would like to see the Netflix code re-written to fix it, you need to call them (1-800-585-7265).  I asked them to log a ticket giving them as much detail as possible.  Based on the flawless performance of my PS3 in all other aspects, I am certain it is the Netflix code.

These are the details of my problem:

+ My PS3 freezes with no possible way to recover without forcing the unit to power off.

+ I don't believe this is temperature related, as my unit is clean inside and out, and the error has occurred when the unit is cold, after sitting overnight with the main power switch off.

+ The unit is not entirely unresponsive, I can synch another controller, (I can also eject a disk, but I think that is a function of whether or not there is power to the disk drive).

+ The settings for my PS3 are:

+ 1080P HD output (seems to be a common trait for people with this issue)

+ HDMI connection to an Onkyo surround sound with 1080P passthrough capability

+ HDMI connection from Onkyo to Vizio 1080P TV

+ Wireless ethernet connection to PS3 (Arris cable modem, to Linksys WRT160N wireless router

+ Unobstructed airflow for cooling, ( Sits on top of a TV non-heat producing cabinet, 6 feet off the ground,

+ To be fair, Asassins Creed Brotherhood did freeze up after 20 hours of tag teamed game play before I tore it down and blew all the dust out of this machine.  There have been now issues before or after this event except the Netflix freezes.

I also read on here that if you cut your your watch list down from the hundred or so that are in there to 9 or 10, it will quit doing this.  I will try that too.

Message 6 of 9 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

peartfan wrote:

I was watching Netflix the other day and it froze when i paused it, and  I couldn't unpause it. hitting the PS button does nothing, i have to get up and hit the button to reset the PS3. i went back and play it again and it also freezes when i try to go back to the Netflix main menu as well. Is anyone else having the same issue???

I been noticing alot of freezing up and stalling out the system lately.  They just cant leave well enough alone on nuthing.  We are forced to let them convert part of our Hard drive to Vita format.  Thats dangerous alone for corruption issues, hints maybe why they put all that corruption stuff in the system to recover?   Then they screw up the browser and the store.  Also i cant play all my bluray movies now, atleast one that i know of so far,  Saw4.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 7 of 9 (423 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 16, 2016

say my Playstation Family..I need somebody help out there, 2 help on GTA 5 on PS4..Im so tha mission where the Franklin need to locate tha 4 Gauntlets Cars...and, this is where i need HELP..so, if anybody can reach out to me and help locate these cars, so I can Get to the End Of GTA 5, i Appreciate..my log name is SBIZZIE95...holla at yo boi...

Message 8 of 9 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15951 posts

Feb 16, 2016

Does anything else freeze? Delete and redownload the app and see if that fixes it.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 9 of 9 (86 Views)
0 Likes